maxspeed guide..

Started by stRunF
28/05/2008 17:12
Page 1 of 1
stRunF28/05/2008 17:12

hi
i am practicing maxspeed since 1,2 weeks...
i have advanced a bit,my maxspeed now is over 290-305
but i wanna do maxspeed 320+,can someone give me some tips?thx..

lalevUl28/05/2008 17:40

I think it would be easier if you would post a demo of your lj skills, so people can tell you what to do and what to improve. GL

stRunF28/05/2008 19:17

sure...here is a random demo...block 240 (lj)
http://www.speedyshare.com/335808193.html

ajR`29/05/2008 06:02(edited 29/05/2008 06:03)

Here are a few basic things:

1) Do a slow(imo) smooth prestrafe; don't jerk your mouse around.
2) Your first strafe should be WIDE & FAST; this helps gain alot of speed. This also means that you should hold this strafe(key) slightly longer than all of the others.
3) Don't duck until the last possible moment.

*Usually ppl with wider strafes, tend to have higher maxspeed, something to keep in mind. Try changing your strafe size/speed until you find something that works. Once you understand the basics, all that is left to do is... practice.

stRunF29/05/2008 12:47

thx ajR:)
but i don;t know why when i strafe wide i can't make maxspeed over 280:-??

¤ syKotic ¤29/05/2008 13:52

you must be strafing to wide then, or your first strafe isn't in the "sweet" zone. :/ hard to explain that, but you'll figure it out, just be like ajR and geek longjumping for 6months+ straight. :)

colix mapper29/05/2008 14:20

i guess its wrong thread.

lonewolf VIP29/05/2008 18:18

A tip: try to use the ljstats with STRAFES status. Then you can see the speed of yours strafes. Remember: The LAST strafe must have the lowest speed gained.

Because if you gain much speed at the begin, you will have this speed + the others strafes speed first. Its cuz of this, I dont like too much maxspeed, because if I gain 20 speed at the lastest strafe and 5 to the others, I think I will jump 235.

stRunF29/05/2008 19:29(edited 29/05/2008 19:30)

Originally posted by ikm
A tip: try to use the ljstats with STRAFES status. Then you can see the speed of yours strafes. Remember: The LAST strafe must have the lowest speed gained.

Because if you gain much speed at the begin, you will have this speed + the others strafes speed first. Its cuz of this, I dont like too much maxspeed, because if I gain 20 speed at the lastest strafe and 5 to the others, I think I will jump 235.

i've tryed to make the first strafe very wide,i gained 27 speed on it:))
my first and last strafe are the most perfects,over 10,when i do over 15 both,i jump 245+ (stats)
ajR i saw u once on a romanian server...can u give me pls ur steamid?to ask u to supervise my training?:D

kek24429/05/2008 22:20

I remember i had 340maxspeed with 6 wide strafes

Fliborecord holder Tournament #229/05/2008 22:56(edited 29/05/2008 22:56)

Originally posted by ikm
A tip: try to use the ljstats with STRAFES status. Then you can see the speed of yours strafes. Remember: The LAST strafe must have the lowest speed gained.

Because if you gain much speed at the begin, you will have this speed + the others strafes speed first. Its cuz of this, I dont like too much maxspeed, because if I gain 20 speed at the lastest strafe and 5 to the others, I think I will jump 235.


Word. The strafe stats are really useful. (273 pre and 342 maxspeed with 6 strafes ftw ^^)

stRunF30/05/2008 05:44(edited 30/05/2008 05:51)

oo yes i have strafe stats...
in the right corner appears 1 speed sync and sync%
i try to make the first 2 strafes large,and it works...
i gain speed 310,and over:)
i`ll try to get on every strafe 6,7 speed at least;))

lonewolf VIP31/05/2008 00:05

Can someone post this LJstats for me?

Fliborecord holder Tournament #231/05/2008 09:56

Distance: 253.792922 MaxSpeed: 342.524353 (68.799) PreStrafe: 273.724548 Strafes: 6 Sync: 87
1 15.068 0.000 18 78
2 13.757 0.000 18 100
3 9.814 0.692 13 90
4 10.600 0.713 16 90
5 9.713 0.255 14 90
6 9.845 266.000

Last strafe missing some infos but it's not that important :P

ajR`31/05/2008 11:50

I think he wanted the ljstats that show strafe info, not your jump stats. xD

stRunF31/05/2008 18:59(edited 31/05/2008 19:01)

http://www.speedyshare.com/716650796.html here..
it's pretty good,the ljstats:)

Fliborecord holder Tournament #231/05/2008 21:15

Originally posted by ajR`
I think he wanted the ljstats that show strafe info, not your jump stats. xD


Oh I got it wrong. I supposed he knew about the ljstats plugin a bit more since he was the one telling about it :P

lonewolf VIP31/05/2008 23:45

I know this plugin =____________=

Some kz servers have this ljstats, have strafe stats and ljstats when falling. Thanks stRunF, I am downloading.

stRunF01/06/2008 09:23

np:)
i know,i asked for this on a srv forum,but they sayd it's not public,so i seeked for it here,in plugins forum:D

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.