Ideas for maps!

Started by wRath` mapper
29/05/2008 22:40
Page 1 of 1
wRath` mapper29/05/2008 22:40

Hi!

I really want to start on a new project now, but I have no ideas at all.
So I created this thread for you, the community to post your ideas.
I think I've noticed that you guys want a easy map, without bhops.

So post your ideas! And I'll see if I think they are interesting or not!

Thanks in advance =)

clair mapper29/05/2008 23:31

i had an idea for an axn map if you'd like to try making it wRath^. just pm me on irc.

JAy30/05/2008 00:08

no clair thats our map :( :P

Igge30/05/2008 13:39

a nice thing about mapping is to create a map from ur own thoughts. I think it makes the map more personal.

wRath` mapper30/05/2008 15:46

Haha true Igge ;) But I really don't have any ideas..
I thought of creating a map with famous scs and tjs ;)

peteR^30/05/2008 17:28

kz_trickjumps? :O

flaip30/05/2008 18:34(edited 26/04/2009 22:28)

-

wRath` mapper30/05/2008 19:04

Nice read flaip.. I'll think about that :)

You and Puppetz both have the same feeling about KZ-maps.

flaip30/05/2008 19:26(edited 26/04/2009 22:28)

-

Dujes30/05/2008 19:32

agree with flaip.

Mentalo30/05/2008 19:47

working on such a "high" map! if you fail tehre youll fall long way! maybe ill finish it and make it looks nice

puppetz mapper30/05/2008 19:53

Originally posted by flaip
Too bad only a few ppl read this section :€. Mappers make the maps but other people should think my post too, what kinda maps they really like to play. Some likes short but I think there is already hundreds of them, and new players dont even know there is legendary huge adventures on the old maps because on the most servers new maps are played more.

Short and simple maps dont need so much work than great maps. Big projects take a time but one great map is worth of many short maps. So mappers take your time. Less releases = better maps I guess.

wRath^ I saw Puppetz on a puplic server one day and he was telling me to vote some shitty maps! :D


What maps would that be? :p
I agree with the whole thing you said above. Too bad my comp can't really handle maps like dedication.

wRath` mapper30/05/2008 20:52

I have an idea now :D I don't know if the map will be high though ^^

Fliborecord holder Tournament #230/05/2008 20:57

Well, I'm working on an adventure map, it won't be any high but long and awesome at least :)

That's what I've been also complaining a lot about, mappers make maps in like 2 days or so. They should use the time and make them as long as possible. Longer maps are just so much more interesting.

flaip30/05/2008 20:58

Btw for me one important thing on map is that you can go everywhere and explore the map when you've finished it. It's nice to go back and see where other ppl are coming so dont make teleporters and always a way back, thats cool. : )

dEMolite mapper30/05/2008 22:35

and another important thing on mapping is to create a detailed map with less r_speeds which will gives out higher fps

thopa30/05/2008 22:39

I totally agree with flaip, and kz_dm_dedication911_e/h is a perfect example! Everyone that has finished those maps, and maps like yamakazi, will get a truely nice feeling of accomplishment, and the use of checkpoints is doomed.

I've also always loved extremely high maps where every failure results in a loss of minutes, or even ending up in the starting point of the map. A kz addict never gives up, and plays til' the map is beaten, no matter the level of diffuculty.

Another map that gives you satisfaction after pressing the stop button is kz_man_forest. I really hate-love that map. kz_man_bighardclimb is also nice.

The jumps on these maps isn't hard at all, but when you are getting closer and closer to the end on a 10+ map with no fall, you will get nervous. :D




.doer!31/05/2008 01:44(edited 31/05/2008 01:45)

i remember when i first finished climbers-xp w/o checkpoints ... GREAT FEELING even i had a 30min+ time :D

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.