Need opinions on gaming hardware I'm buy

Started by Fatalis
07/06/2008 15:46
Page 1 of 1
Fatalis07/06/2008 15:46

Note that I'm upgrading my old system and keeping some stuff. My budget is $600 USD and I'm hoping to build a mid-range gaming machine. I won't be doing any OC/SLI and I don't have a ton of peripherals and such. My OS will be XP Pro (possibly x64 edition?). I want to keep my ide(pata) hd and be able to boot from it with the new mobo.

Here's the parts:
https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=8675326&WishListTitle=lolwut3

I will be buying it later today so fast replies are appreciated. Only post if you're a hardware geek, ofcourse.

Aly00707/06/2008 19:09

I sugest you to buy this RAM instead of yours
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2191

r0fl10/06/2008 00:08

Originally posted by Fatalis
Note that I'm upgrading my old system and keeping some stuff. My budget is $600 USD and I'm hoping to build a mid-range gaming machine. I won't be doing any OC/SLI and I don't have a ton of peripherals and such. My OS will be XP Pro (possibly x64 edition?). I want to keep my ide(pata) hd and be able to boot from it with the new mobo.

Here's the parts:
https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=8675326&WishListTitle=lolwut3

I will be buying it later today so fast replies are appreciated. Only post if you're a hardware geek, ofcourse.


no significant suggestions for your build.. its well chosen, gj. if id buy a new comp itd be very similar to what you have.

p.s aly007, g skill is a nice memory...

mucholote10/06/2008 00:23(edited 10/06/2008 00:26)

I bought almost the same items as you but in a little older models, cost me like $400. And I can run anything out there atm, so yours will be pretty much run all.
I kept my IDE for booting like you said, and it works fine. The Sata only for storage.

Oh and Aly what movie is your avatar from? I find it intriguing...

Fatalis10/06/2008 00:33

I bought it the other day, should arrive tomorrow or next day. :)

Aly00710/06/2008 11:33

maybe it's a nice memory but CAS 4 it's better than 5.

Fatalis10/06/2008 15:48

Yeah, I was thinking of paying $12 more for kingston 4-4-4-12 but didn't.

Vyrus11/06/2008 19:21

I suggest doubling the memory to 4Gb if you're buying a 64bit OS.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.