room_off 1 and other things.

Started by puppetz mapper
07/06/2008 19:26
Page 1 of 1
puppetz mapper07/06/2008 19:26

Hey, I don't know much about configs, so I could use some help with it.

Every time I go into some map with echo on, I can't get it away without restarting Steam. I try typing room_off 1 in console, and it never helps. Seems like anyone else can solve it like that though. So, what can I do about that?

Another problem is my "server.cfg" file. It says on the top: "// This config file is executed on server start." .. But I always have to type "exec server.cfg" in console when I'm in my server for the settings in it to work.

Also tried putting "exec server.cfg" in the file itself, but that causes a lot of crashes, and it doesn't help either. How do I make it execute itself?

NeMiQ2207/06/2008 20:09(edited 07/06/2008 20:09)

Have you tried room_type 0? I usually use this command when the server doesn't turn it off automatically.

cC|Nikolaa07/06/2008 20:12

Tell me if I'm wrong but server.cfg is only if you start a server, for your own settings put them in config.cfg / userconfig.cfg

Fatalis07/06/2008 20:52(edited 07/06/2008 20:55)

server.cfg = hlds server
listenserver.cfg = listen server
config.cfg = user config
userconfig.cfg is executed by config.cfg by default

Use "mapchangecfgfile" to make it automatically execute the config you specify when map changes

Example:
mapchangecfgfile "server.cfg"
room_type 0
room_off 1

I have mapchangecfgfile "server.cfg" in all of my server.cfg's. It's useful.

puppetz mapper07/06/2008 22:22

Hey, it helped on the last mentioned problem.
Am I supposed to write room_off 1 and room_type 0 in the listenserver.cfg or in config.cfg?
It says in console that room_off is 1 and room_type is 0, but I can still hear the echo, also, after the map has changed. :/

Q-bA1108/06/2008 20:19

room_off 1; alias room_off ""

or
bind "room_type 0"

kexas30/06/2008 18:58

I don't really know the right description to room_off 1/0, but i think that it is better to use room_type 0, as Raptor said.
And you don't execute server and listenserver .cfgs yourself, it is made automatically.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.