Need help: Monitor

Started by Judah
08/06/2008 13:41
Page 1 of 1
Judah08/06/2008 13:41

Hello.

A few weeks ago, I got a new computer, and a new monitor.

The problem is, that my new monitor is wide - 22", so in cs, I can't have a low resolution, without some of the screen is missing ingame in the side of the screen, ingame. Though, if I put it on Widescreen in Video, then the screen is full, but the lowest resolution is: 1280x720. My graphics card is: ATI Raedon HD 2600 Pro, and my monitor is a: Fujitsi Siemens 22".

See, if I still played kz, I wouldn't have any problem at all using a high resolution, because smokes are not used in kz. The higher your resolution is, the worse smokes it can take. My fps drops within ONE smoke, with 1280x720 resolution, which is fucked up.

I hope some one can help, and that I formulated myself and the problem good enough.

Cheers! :)

FailED`08/06/2008 14:14(edited 08/06/2008 14:20)

well, if you go to main screen>options>options>advanced (now you should be in the monitor plug and play and GC properties), choose adapter, view all regimes and look if your card supports lower resolutions

but that doesnt solve your problem, you probably have to set display mode in-game on wide screen

Judah08/06/2008 14:25

I already have, but if you read what I wrote, you would see that the lowest resolution with Widescreen is 1280x720. I don't have any problem having a so high resolution, but the fps drops in one smoke when the resolution is so high.

Acidas08/06/2008 20:17

fps_max "101"
ex_interp "0.01"
rate "25000"
cl_rate "20000"
cl_updaterate "101"
cl_cmdrate "101"

And set vertical sync off in ATI properties. Think that will help :)

Vyrus08/06/2008 21:25

If smokes are the only problem, setting the smoke quality lowest in the advanced options may help.

clair mapper08/06/2008 21:31

Originally posted by Vyrus
If smokes are the only problem, setting the smoke quality lowest in the advanced options may help.


aka 16 instead of 32 bit :P

Judah09/06/2008 23:10

Well, 16bit isn't allowed in most cups etc. So I would rather not. :P

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.