kz_rockland
Status: Denied
Reason:
- One of the most annoying things in this map is the high amount of wallbugs, which make the map much harder than it is supposed to be.
- The jumps seem to be pretty boring and repetive as well, you should try to add some more variety in your next map(s).
- Most of the textures you used are pretty bad looking. They are overused, too. You should try to add some variety on the textures, too.
- You had a lot of texture bugs in your map, too. Example: http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/9397/gaylinelu8.jpg
- It's nice that you tryed to add some details to make the map looking good, but stuff like that doesn't make sense at all: http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/9341/wtfze3.jpg
Suggestions:
- Try to compare your map with current kz_ maps. By doing so you should've seen that your map doesn't have the same quality yet.
- Work on your mapping skills, start some more projects and you will get more experience and get better for sure. It's learning by doing, don't lose the motivation.
Other:
-
I have played this map for some time and I haven't noticed any wall bugs while climbing. I was surprised about it because maps of style like this always have bunch of wall bugs.
I'm not saying it is worth of approval but I think its a cool map and looks good :P
:(
"- You had a lot of texture bugs in your map, too. Example: -link-"
This is not texture bug, the line is from the texture (de_piranesi.wad) I don't know how to fix it...
Wall bugs : I haven't noticed any wall bugs... And not only me... A lot of my friends.
I work on this map hard so much, and what i see now... :(
I didn't try to fix it, because I don't think these problems are bad.
Sorry for my bad english...
DragosLt.
u need to wait 1 week before you submit a new version, I deleted the one you submitted. meanwhile, u can work some more on the map, didnt look like you changed much :)
1st warning for skyjur
Reason: Posting in denied maps forum (this forum is for the admins and the mapper ONLY, read the rules)
But why my map is denied... I don't think it's have many bugs... I and a lot of other peoples didn't noticed any bugs in this map... (except faker).
Radon please test my map again and say do you can submit it?
P.S.My english is bad so much, so i can't say what i want...
Im sorry, just compare your map to other kz_ maps out there... It is not kz_ quality yet.
It's not MY opinion, I wrote what the mapcheck team thinks and said in their votes.
Improve your mapping skills and good luck with your next one.
P.S: You are not allowed to release or host your map before XJ accepts it. How is it possible that people like skyjur already played it?
P.S: You are not allowed to release or host your map before XJ accepts it. How is it possible that people like skyjur already played it?
so how did it happened that kz_creek has been previewed in a movie before map was released ?
just sometimes mappers gives their map to friends to test it and smth like that...
btw the reason I like this map is because there almost aren't at all such kind of maps out there and that compensated some mistakes at least for me. I think it is hard to make map of style like this... I am really impressed of mapping skills of mappers out there and most of latest official maps are really cool, however it is pretty hard to compare some different type of maps.
You are absolutely right!
Originally posted by skyjurso how did it happened that kz_creek has been previewed in a movie before map was released ?
just sometimes mappers gives their map to friends to test it and smth like that...
Well, sending the map to friends/beta testers is okay, releasing it to the public is NOT okay.
Didn't know that you guys were friends.
However, topic closed.
This one got a absolute majority on NO, so there is nothing to discuss.
We know the standards are pretty high, but there are so many kz_ maps already, if you want to get kz_ you have to make something really special!
Good luck with your next projects.
- CLOSED -