Team-Semiclip

Started by SchlumPF
09/06/2008 17:52
Page 1 of 1
SchlumPF09/06/2008 17:52(edited 15/11/2008 11:14)

This plugin is SAFE for demo recording. Although there is no reason to use this plugin on a kz server. -Fatalis

Invis

Description
This plugin allows players to walk through each other. But why should you use this instead of other semiclip plugins? You should simply use this because it does allow player to be semiclipped and shoot! Also it fixs the trigger_* bug like in drewbie_longjumps. This plugin is especially made for HnS, Kreedz and normal shooting.

Requires AMXX 1.8 or later

More information in the readme.txt!

DOWNLOAD ME!

skyjur11/06/2008 14:33

well my last updated version of semiclip is totaly small (1.5KB) and it works perfectly :P It was working on hns server for some weeks and nothing strange happened.

(http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=609131)

I see you are using some of my tips but now I think that its pretty useless to use that extra task for "optimization".

SchlumPF11/06/2008 15:41

i thought that too cause i tested sth similar to your way and i also tested this way. my test showed me (and it is just logical) that running the speed 5 times per second is less than checking it defenitly more than 5 times (yours is dependent of client fps). also i think (did not test) that your plugins does just update the data for player with id == 1 once if hes first on the server cause when a second player spawns Lastthink will never be smaller than 1.
thats why im still using a task: because its updated often enough and not too often.

btw cpu usage etc is no dependend on amxx filesize... it does just show how many code is in it. also huge arrays do effect the filesize a lot.
my plugin would have been alot smaller if i had not add such features as turning on off with unregistering of the forwards etc ^^

Fatalis11/06/2008 15:48(edited 11/06/2008 15:48)

Originally posted by skyjur
well my last updated version of semiclip is totaly small (1.5KB) and it works perfectly :P It was working on hns server for some weeks and nothing strange happened.

(http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=609131)

I see you are using some of my tips but now I think that its pretty useless to use that extra task for "optimization".


You should fix the bugs that I posted in the thread.

SchlumPF11/06/2008 15:58

afaik he did, didnt he oO

skyjur11/06/2008 16:19(edited 11/06/2008 16:20)

I have fixed that bug and posted update ~2 week ago. And today just added a little improvment.

that your plugins does just update the data for player with id == 1 once if hes first on the server cause when a second player spawns Lastthink will never be smaller than 1.



Well I don't know why you think so, but it works ok... That FirstThink is used to check who is solid and who is not. It's faster than cheking that every time in every player think.

And it is nothing to do with client fps... PlayerPreThink is called before server makes physics calculation for player... I have no ideas why someone thought out its a Client preThink, but I see many people mix it.

That would be just impossible to make "client" pre think. Because internet connection will make such thing very very inaccurate.

SchlumPF11/06/2008 16:35(edited 11/06/2008 16:38)

Originally posted by skyjur
I have fixed that bug and posted update ~2 week ago. And today just added a little improvment.

that your plugins does just update the data for player with id == 1 once if hes first on the server cause when a second player spawns Lastthink will never be smaller than 1.



Well I don't know why you think so, but it works ok... That FirstThink is used to check who is solid and who is not. It's faster than cheking that every time in every player think.

And it is nothing to do with client fps... PlayerPreThink is called before server makes physics calculation for player... I have no ideas why someone thought out its a Client preThink, but I see many people mix it.

That would be just impossible to make "client" pre think. Because internet connection will make such thing very very inaccurate.


ah sry your right i mixed some things... no it isnt clientbased and no id == 1 wont be update just once.

but it is still called more often than a simple task so i think i will stay with it :)

skyjur11/06/2008 16:50

Thats taken from your code:


for( id = 1 ; id <= g_iMaxPlayers ; id++ ) {
if( pev( id, pev_solid ) == SOLID_SLIDEBOX &&
g_bSemiclip[plr][id] && id != plr )


You are checking in your preThink if other players are solid, it should be done to eliminate all possible bugs with not solid players.

I am doing the same thing, but just once for all players (during first player think).

You are using a task to check some other stuff. I have done it too before, but now I just don't see what do I need to check there...

SchlumPF11/06/2008 18:01

nah i think ill improve it in the next couple of days ^^

SchlumPF13/06/2008 20:26

updated, check the readme for further information

cC|Nikolaa13/06/2008 20:34

SchlumPF <3

SchlumPF14/06/2008 11:49

update

kzuq`newbie23/08/2008 20:47

Please, see this -> semiclip-bug.rar

kielorz22/12/2008 14:32

does anybody know how to add working boost to this plugin ?

kielorz18/03/2009 07:03

will players stuck if i teleport them? with this plugin enabled

SchlumPF18/03/2009 17:51

nope they wont

kielorz08/04/2009 16:06

how to add boost to this plugin?

Oddi^08/04/2009 16:48

semiclip_enabled 0?

kielorz08/04/2009 18:20

not for whole server boost really but for two-three people

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.