Facts about water (func_water)

Started by puppetz mapper
25/06/2008 23:38
Page 1 of 1
puppetz mapper25/06/2008 23:38(edited 25/06/2008 23:40)

Hello, I have made a little test session with the entity func_water. I haven't heard of anyone testing this before so I thought I would make things clear.
This didn't take me long.
I assume that these facts are the same when you use world brushes (not entities)as water.

If the func_water brush is raised (from the ground):

1-14 units:
You can hear the "watersteps sound" (you maybe know this sound from maps like sn_noobbean).

1-35 units:
You can "jump" up a brush that is this high from the waters surface to the top of the brush.

+15 units:
You can hear the water moving sound when you walk in it.

+19 units:
You can use +duck and +jump to "watersurf" on the water.

+31 units:
You can loose health when ducking under the water.

+37 units:
You can't walk in the water anymore, only swim.

+38 units:
You can use only +jump to watersurf on the water(it is sort of bugged at 37 units).

+54 units:
You can loose health when standing under the water

If you find any mistakes in these facts, please correct me.

Have fun mapping ;)

raver mapper25/06/2008 23:54(edited 26/06/2008 00:51)

Awsome facts (its sarcasm)

amiGGo26/06/2008 00:01

Wooo nice ;p

Fliborecord holder Tournament #226/06/2008 00:43

Finally something great :)

Stabilot06/07/2008 11:42

Wikipedia next ^^

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.