Pyk_Aztectrip

Started by ShadN`
13/07/2008 04:10
Page 1 of 1
ShadN`13/07/2008 04:10(edited 13/07/2008 04:27)

Hi all.

Let me introduce myself, my name is Shadow , I'm 16 and I started mapping 2 week and two days ago.

After have made some tests, I decided to create a map in the aztec theme.
So, as you probably understood, it's my first climb map.

Below is some screens:

Screen 1
Screen 2
Screen 3
Screen 4
Screen 5




Thanks for watching,



JON'13/07/2008 04:33

not bad for your first map :)

zeroimao mapper13/07/2008 04:35

the map looks good, but maybe you should add some models or something on the ground, it seems really empty

pLaguE^13/07/2008 05:51

looking very nice considering its ur first map keep it up :)

dEMolite mapper13/07/2008 07:51

Not bad for your fast map.
What i can see that there will be some users with lowfps because of of the standard texture scaling from 1.0. But it is okay because it is your first map.

What i can give you as an advice: You made an outside enviroment but you used many lights as a decent light, but better it is if you are using for an outside part the light_enviroment. Because it will makes a smoother light with better shadows and so on :)

And also keep trying and try to make complexer structures and archictures.

zNife13/07/2008 11:13

Hate dark maps ;/

ShadN`13/07/2008 11:53


I tried to put light_environnement but when I compile map and play it, the map is entirely black. We dont' see ANYTHING. It's why I prefered to place these lights..

Before, I was not really interested by the map environnement, the architectures, the structures, but now, everytime I play a map, I watch how the author made it, sure I won't copy them, but it could give me some ideas. :) I will keep up the mapping, and I will try to make of this map a really good map.
Perhaps I will add a new room, more worked. This map is not finished, at the moment, there is just around 4 minutes of climb. I made 4.59 on it and i'm not really a good jumper, so I think the pro jumpers will do it in better than 2 mins.

Thanks for your posts, you give me strenght and courage. :)

mtoboiii8000 mapper13/07/2008 12:20(edited 13/07/2008 12:20)

an important thing is to start with vertexing and so on very early! on my first maps i didnt use it at all but i could have saved me alot of work! so try around with this tool and try to create simple rock walls or something! you should also practice light settings! i did this with my first maps (lighthops/block) ^^ becase the greatest map sux when lighting looks ugly! keep practicing and try something harder for your next map then a block :)

sun5hine13/07/2008 14:25

very nice .. good job

raver mapper13/07/2008 15:24(edited 13/07/2008 15:24)

Originally posted by doh
very nice .. good job


http://xtreme-jumps.eu/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?107402

place another "gj" comment and pf0llz0r will personaly give you a wet-ear (I know its nasty but pf0ll likes the sensation)

perd0 mapper13/07/2008 16:33

I think it's very simple map .. there aren't details, walls are equal, one texture on every wall ..
Of course you haven't experience with mapping, but i think beginner can add details and make the map nicer ..
It wants just imagination and manfulness.

Good luck with this map.

LOLLY mapper13/07/2008 17:17

It looks very square and add a light_enviroment, play around with the light settings to get the right lightning.. also try to find more textures, atm it looks like u have like 3-4 textures.

Altough I like the buildings at the ground, it looks good!

It has potential.

Igge14/07/2008 19:59

agree with mentalo, most of the first maps will be squary because u cant handle the vertex tool. Learn this!

padnaliQ14/07/2008 20:05

Too dark i guess... And add some textures as LOLLY said.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.