Can't make a counter-strike 1.6 server?

Started by kafds
17/07/2008 20:14
Page 1 of 1
kafds17/07/2008 20:14

Yeah, so my problem is this.. A loooong time ago I downloaded AMX because I wanted to make some random dedicated public server.

I installed it and did everything correctly and it didn't work - after that pure failure I tried to delete everything that came with AMX and after that incident I have not been able to make a new server.

This is what it says:
LoadLibrary failed on d:\steam\steamapps\ACCOUNTNAME\counter-strike\cstrike\addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll (126)
Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from d:\steam\steamapps\ACCOUNTNAME\counter-strike\cstrike\addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dl


I am unsure what this means, but does it mean, that I have to put metamod.dll to the folders? Please help! :)

PS: Another issue that is widely known, my friend and my brother suffer from this! - When they click New Server and create it, put sv_lan 0 - even sv_restart 1, I, or others, cannot connect to the server.

bap18/07/2008 00:09

i think the last part is something with the firewall or something, i had that problem too once. but some of my friends could easily make a server which we could join, im not sure though. sorry i couldnt really be of any help.

cC|SpiNe18/07/2008 00:22(edited 18/07/2008 00:23)

Did you install the amx stuff into cstrike_language, coz when I did that I got a error message quite similar to that one. you might not have deleted everything to do with amx.


Sorry if I couldn't be of any help, I don't know very much about all this amx shit.

c-walker`18/07/2008 01:04

about lan game - the host must have real (not dyncamic) IP address then type sv_lan 0 and then restart (not sv_restart 1 but RESTART). It should work

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.