Hide N Seek Powerups

Started by FLR
18/07/2008 15:53
Page 1 of 1
FLR18/07/2008 15:53(edited 09/11/2008 19:03)

This plugin is NOT SAFE for recording. Do not use this plugin when recording demos. Pausing the plugin will not work, remove from plugins.ini and change map to fully disable the plugin. Any demos recorded with this plugin enabled will NOT be accepted. -SchlumPF

OBSERVE! You have to disable prokreedz and/or KZ LJS XM if you are going to use this plugin!


Name: HNSP (Hide N Seek Powerups)
Author: FLR

I refer you guys to this thread instead, as it is too complicated to have to threads about the same thing :P

So, if you want to read about it, go here:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=80304

regards FLR aka Flayer

FLR22/07/2008 00:20

Can I at least get some feedback? So I can improve it or simply just remove the thread? Or anything, like an idea of what to add or what to remove etc. Thanks in advance.

SchlumPF22/07/2008 15:45

looks good so far but
- add some cvars (for example duration of autoheal and its amount)
- NEVER use get_user_origin() its one reason why the climbtimer plugins checkpoint function is so fucked up (stucking in walls). use fm_get_user_aiming(id, Float:vOrigin[3]) our of fakemeta_util.inc and for teleporting engfunc(EngFunc_SetOrigin, id, Float:vOrigin[3]);

FLR22/07/2008 16:15(edited 28/07/2008 01:42)

ok, will do. Thanks :)

EDIT:
ok, theres a problem. It says that the fm_get_user_aiming is an undefined symbol. I think its becuase of my include files, the fakemeta_util. Because I cant find the fm_get_user_aiming in that .inc, am I right?

EDIT2:
Okay, I think I've found it. Its not named fm_get_user_aiming, its named
"fm_get_aim_origin(index, Float:origin[3])".
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=28284

EDIT3:
Update, see first post :)

FLR28/07/2008 22:53(edited 03/08/2008 00:51)

ok, so I have discovered a problem with this plugin. I do not know wheter it is hamachi that is causing it or the code. But when VNS joined via hamachi(havent done port forwarding) i get a owerflow in the console, looking like this:

SZ_GetSpace: overflow on VNS
WARNING: datagram overflowed for VNS

So, until I figure out whats wrong, the plugin is unusable. If you find the problem, please be kind and tell me about it. If you find out that its hamachi thats causing it, please tell me that too, because as it is now, ypu cant pick up any powerups. You can do it if you are alone on the server. Sry for any trouble I may have caused.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:
OK, so I've found out whats causing this problem. It seems to be prokreedz that is the responsible plugin for this issue.
And also I've noticed that sometimes when you spawn a powerup, there is an error from kz_ljs_xm Rats mod, saying "native error pev" something.

So if, if, you are going to use this plugin, you have to disable prokreedz and/or KZ LJS XM

FLR07/08/2008 16:18

Update, see first post.

t4l14/08/2008 23:37(edited 14/08/2008 23:39)

Nice :D , i don`t know how to use lonjump , can u add a power that give superdamage to ct (to make more damage with knife) and antidamage to ts, and a doublejump , tap jump twice , second one , in air :)






FLR15/08/2008 04:20

Originally posted by Adriann
Nice :D , i don`t know how to use lonjump , can u add a power that give superdamage to ct (to make more damage with knife) and antidamage to ts, and a doublejump , tap jump twice , second one , in air :)


To use Longjump, do a duck jump :) (duck(hold)+jump)

Well, I'll see what I can do about the doublejump.
The superdamage is possible to do, also the antidamage.

But as it is right now, I really dont have the time. Im gonna try to add the damage thingys in the next release, but I think its going to take a week or two before the next release, maybe longer.

FLR07/11/2008 23:17

Download links updated.

NOEL07/11/2008 23:50

might give hns a fresh breath of air.. sadly people uses this for blockmode only, and blocks sucks. no offense to blockplayers ofc, i just cant find any fun in it. at all..

FLR08/11/2008 18:46(edited 09/11/2008 14:53)

ok, havent seen this mod on any server tho. Well, I cant forbid any blockserver to use this, but I personally think its more fun to play this without blocks.

Update:
A new version is out.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.