numb vs lt.rats ljstats, illegal cvars, mwhee
First, I've heard that lt.rat's ljstats is inferior to numb's original version. I've heard that it calculates distances incorrectly. Is there any truth to this?
Second, my kz server bans developer 1 and if a player alias's it, it kicks them. I've also blocked some server cvars from being accessed to cheat (stepsize, airacceleration, gravity specifically). Are there any more server cvars that I should block? Also, what other client-side cvars should I check for to try and detect cheaters?
Third, I heard that the plugin that forces mwheel to be bind +jump/+duck when a player connects (KzM uses it I believe) is public and available here, although I cannot find it at all :( Any help with that would be appreciated. It's supposed to disable/prevent +jump;wait-jump. And as noob as this sounds, I don't really know what the advantage is about +jump;wait;-jump and why I should prevent it. I'm assuming it makes bhopping easier, but how?
Lastly, what should I run, Gstrafe/Bhop Script Detector by Xolent (based off of fatalis's KzM Script Detector) or the real KzM Script Detector? If it's KzMSD that you suggest, what version do you recommend? 1.1? I know he released an unfinished version of 2.0, but did anyone finish it? Do I use 2.0 unfinished?
Thanks everyone!
--MALON
1. No. Another included feature of the package is the Long Jump Stats - eXtreme Modification v2.11, the first AMXX plugin that is showing the real and 100% correct LJ stats. It was made in a collaboration of NumB, Fatalis and eDark!
2. Just use this plugin: http://xtreme-jumps.eu/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?99486
3. http://xtreme-jumps.eu/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?93898
4. It's unfinished but it does a great work. So better use 2.0 :)
Excellent reply! Thank you!
Questions that remain:
Another included feature of the package is the Long Jump Stats - eXtreme Modification v2.11, the first AMXX plugin that is showing the real and 100% correct LJ stats. It was made in a collaboration of NumB, Fatalis and eDark!
Great reply, although that's not referring to lt.rat's version. It's referring to numb's version. I've always known that numb's is correct (I run version 2.27b of numbs), but I heard that lt.rat's is not accurate. My question is: Is lt.rat's incorrect at all?
2. What server-side cvars should I block my admins from accessing? I currently have gravity, stepsize, and airacceleration blocked. Anything else that anyone recommends (Yes, I know if I can't trust my admins, why are they even admins. Sounds retarded to me too. But there's always that "what if" and I want to prevent the "what if")
3. How does +jump;wait;-jump help bhopping (I think it's bhopping anyway)
Additional questions:
- FatalisYou can use Exolent's DBSD plugin, since he uses the new detection method I created.
1. I assume Fatalis meant GBSD, correct?
2. http://xtreme-jumps.eu/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?95133.0
This post talks about an undetected bhop script that used to get around KzMSD but not around GBSD. Is that still true with 2.0 of KzMSD? Also, does KzMSD 2.0 detect groundstrafing? I don't believe it does. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
1. Since lt.rat's version is based on numb's it should be correct. I can ask him when he is online at ICQ.
2. You are talking about commands which can give you advantage in jumping or?
3. Dont know exacly but you cant use "waits". It's forbidden. waits = cheat :)
4,1. Yeah he just made an little mistake :p
4,2. Im not so sure but i dont think that KZMSD 2.0 was released then.
1. numbs and lt.rats plugins are just 99.99% correct cause amxx cannot calculate the jumps 100% like fps death does (numb told me that so dont ask whether this is true). the bhopstats may be in some versions lt.rat gave out not 100% correct. edark once used a code which sometimes returned a total length value which was smaller then the block but now it shpuld be correct.
2. either use the plugin stask0 posted or look at this: http://xtreme-jumps.eu/page.php?10
3. use the plugin stask0 posted (but it aliases the cvar which makes changing the cvar impossible until you restart cs... this is one thing no coder should do)
4. the wait does gve you a better timing to jump at the frame you touch the ground (perfect bhop) + it doesnt matter whether you use gbsd or kzmsd2
Please log in to post replies.