Watersliding/surfing

Started by wRath` mapper
31/07/2008 04:30
Page 1 of 1
wRath` mapper31/07/2008 04:30

I can't waterslide/surf anymore.. And I mean when you just hold in your jump button(and duck if necessary) and slide over the water.

This just doesn't work anymore :/
Any suggestions?

cC|SpiNe31/07/2008 11:04

I've always held in duck and jump.

Don't know what the problem could be, are you sure the +jump and +duck binds are working correctly :S?

thopa31/07/2008 14:07(edited 31/07/2008 14:13)

Hold space and strafe. I don't use duck unless there is any obstacle i need to get under, or if the water level is very low. I prefer small quick strafes, and sometimes circlestrafes. If you start waterslide with no speed I do large strafes til I've gained speed.

But imo there can be differences between water and water. Some waters are difficult to do this in, i don't know if its because of the waves or something.

Fliborecord holder Tournament #231/07/2008 15:42

I really can't strafe at all while ducking when watersliding. There's two reasons for that; I can't push all the buttons at the same time, and my keyboard doesn't like it.

puppetz mapper31/07/2008 16:23

Originally posted by Flibo
I really can't strafe at all while ducking when watersliding. There's two reasons for that; I can't push all the buttons at the same time, and my keyboard doesn't like it.


3. Strafing when ducked is much harder, and not as effective as strafing without.

But seriously, I don't really get how this can just "stop working" :/

wRath` mapper31/07/2008 17:26

Me neither.. It's like my jump button doesn't continue to work, so you only jump up once.. Used to work before.

pLaguE^31/07/2008 19:39

This is pointing to what thopa said:

It depends on how deep the water is (i cant remember the depths puppetz i think made a thread about it) if its to low (for standing) you gotta use crouch+jump, if its high enough u can just use space (or ur jump key) (you have to hold space bar idk if thats wut ur doing, but you just need to figure out the depth of the water to see if its necessary to use jump+crouch or just +jump

wRath` mapper01/08/2008 00:56

I figured this out now.. I have my second jump button on my mouse, and it obviously stopped working after I got a new mouse. So I changed it to space instead and it's working. So problem solved.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.