Fps problem again.

Started by CothA
09/08/2008 19:20
Page 1 of 1
CothA09/08/2008 19:20(edited 09/08/2008 19:57)

Hello

Before some months I just reinstalled because i had low fps on some maps but damn after reinstalling it was the same low fps on these maps :(.And before a month i started to have some shit fps drops.From 99 it goes to 40-50 in interval of 4-5 seconds and i can't play normally.I'm searching the reason for that.My CPU is 2x2.11 amd athlon , Video Card nVidia GeForce 7300GT and i have 2gb RAM.I reinstalled my windows yesterday and i put a vista(before that i had XP and i had the same problem that's why i decide to install vista)I DON'T HAVE VIRUSES ON MY PC and I'm not running a lot of programs while playing only steam and skype and mirc in some situations. I hope you'll help me guys :( .

Some pics.

kz_man_terablock high fps: http://img.er4o.org/pub/d0b2fb671eedc7b376bc54e949ce65db.jpg

low fps: http://img.er4o.org/pub/ecf84caf601a9721622a3d7d20d42876.jpg

kz_ea_canals high fps: http://img.er4o.org/pub/bddc75ea6b807ffb627c399c824285de.jpg

low fps: http://img.er4o.org/pub/1d9214d4db3bc1626482de9b71c4c853.jpg

st@mbeto. mapper09/08/2008 20:16

i have 1 question this low fps is for 1-2 sec or more time and than fps is high for 2-3 sec than low ..... (sry for bad engl.)

Dragon09/08/2008 20:39

set low priority on hl.exe in task manager

Z0ck3rOO709/08/2008 21:47

- change your resolution on 800x600
- set low priority on steam.exe
- set high priority on hl.exe

- use "EasyToolz" ( http://home.arcor.de/jasonvoorhees2k/programme/downloads/easytoolz.zip ), set cpu affinities there (rightclick on the tray icon, cpu affinity, search hl.exe -> http://i34.tinypic.com/2ykysrp.jpg )

- do the same for the steam.exe, just don't set the "automatische cpu verteilung" and set "Priorität" on "niedrig"

- Use windows xp, vista looks good, but it takes too many performance if you don't have a good PC
- disable services you dont need -> http://www.theeldergeek.com/services_guide.htm But read the page before you do it, because its dangerous, if you do something wrong, your xp wont work -> format c is needed :)
-


To change visual effects, follow these steps:

* Click Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.
* Click the Advanced tab, and then under Performance, click Settings.
* Click the Visual Effects tab, and then do one of the following:
* Click Adjust for best performance to have Windows automatically adjust the settings for best performance.
* Click Adjust for best appearance to have Windows automatically adjust the settings for best appearance.
* Click Custom, and then click to select the check boxes for those items that you want to turn on. Click to clear the check boxes for the items that you want to turn off.

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread4537.html

- rightclick on hl.exe -> preferences -> http://i35.tinypic.com/5vc0ux.jpg -> http://i36.tinypic.com/im13ds.jpg -> http://i37.tinypic.com/pbuc1.jpg
Do the same with the steam.exe

If you have any questions ask here :P
I hope it solved your problem, and again, be carefully with the services :)

If not, you always have low fps, at every public server or just at your lan server?

CothA09/08/2008 22:46(edited 09/08/2008 22:47)

Originally posted by stokata1990
i have 1 question this low fps is for 1-2 sec or more time and than fps is high for 2-3 sec than low ..... (sry for bad engl.)



yea

@dragon

already done it doesn't solv the problem

@Z0cK3rOO7 damn how i can put it to 800x600 with 21" monitor :S

I'll try that with service tommorow now im drunk :\ and i can't be carefull

owned09/08/2008 23:09

just set the launch options

-w 800 -h 600

Z0ck3rOO709/08/2008 23:29

yep, and no widescreen enabled in cs ofc

bunnyT10/08/2008 00:20

so did something change? it may be that some programms connect to the internet while ur playing , u have to check in ur firewall for that, whether u have some wierd connections running.

CothA10/08/2008 11:04

The "East Toolz" change a bit it starts drop after ~ 20 mins after restarting (before after 15 mins) about 800x600 resolution sry it sux a lot im playing normally on 1280x1024 and it sux so hard.I can't install now these service things later when i install XP now I'm on vista as i said and zocker nope i don't before i had 100 fps everywhere now i have fps drops every where.BunnyT I don't think so it's from my connections.But Can u explain me how i can check my firewall for this "connections" :?

Z0ck3rOO710/08/2008 13:04

use tcp view and take a look to which programs use internet speed while playing

CothA11/08/2008 10:03(edited 11/08/2008 10:04)

Thx to all i think you guys solved my problem but pls don't close this thread.If I had again drops I'll revive it ;]

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.