Need Help..

Started by Bacardi
11/08/2008 19:47
Page 1 of 1
Bacardi11/08/2008 19:47

ok i create a test map but... i dont know how i can create a Start Button / timer
and the endbutton /timer and i joined on my map and Tryed to join a team but there stay Ct/t team is full can someone help me pls? that would be very n1 :=)

dEMolite mapper11/08/2008 20:10

copy the timer start-/endbutton from the timecounter.rmf file and past it in your map.

for the playerspawns read your other thread.

and i suggest you to make one thread only with the problems.

puppetz mapper11/08/2008 21:37

If you're in doubt, you can download the .rmf file that dEMolite is talking about here.
And you can always get it again under "Submit Maps" if you would need the original again.

Bacardi11/08/2008 22:05(edited 11/08/2008 23:02)

ok... i used the timer and tryed to create a bsp...but there was a "failure in line 4 or so" :s need help :D

Bacardi11/08/2008 22:15(edited 11/08/2008 22:18)

what are the Timer "commands"?
i opend the rmf file and tryed to create a "BOX" but it doesnt work !

Igge11/08/2008 23:49

Demolites sticky would fit in this forum too. When you say "failure in line 4" I suppose no one will understand what the hell you're talking about. Go to the "tutorials and files" forum and read through demolites sticky. Then come back here and post your problem in the correct way.

According to the timer problem. If you are new to hammer, which you obviously are I suggest you download the .rmf Puppetz linked you too. Simply copy it and paste it into your map. Then move it around but dont try to change anything. Creating your own timer requires alot of knowledge about how entities work and it's hard even for good mappers. If you dislike the standard timer you can always change the black faces to a texture you think fit the map better. Or you can use Sadpuppy's cool timer.

remake12/08/2008 16:46

Bacardi, just open timecounter.rmf, select a Startbutton in 3D view, do a rightclick on selected object in 2D view, chose copy, close timcounter.rmf, do a rightclick in 2D view, chose paste, move it where u want and well done.

Bacardi12/08/2008 17:25

ok... but now i need help ok ... i want to create a T spawn and a ct spawn but i only have the command info_player_start and when i create ... and then it doesnt worked i tryed info_player_terrorist but ... on many forum stay click on the object info_player_start but i dont have it :S would someone upload a .fgd with all "COMMANDS"? that would be so n1 :o thanks for help...

Bacardi12/08/2008 17:29

and i dont know how i can use a SKYBOX because i need one please write it in a tutorial or with pics :)

Igge12/08/2008 18:25

According to the spawn question. I did a quick research and found out pretty easy that the entity info_player_terrorist only exist when you use a DoD or Source .fgd. So how do you get terrorists into your Counter-strike 1.6 map?
It's so simple I wont tell you. But I can give you some hints. There are video tutorials and text tutorials which explain how to add spawn points. There is also a IRC channel where you can ask things about mapping. But I think you should stay away from it until you get a hang of hammer.

According to the .fgd file. Watch Angie's video tutorial on kreedz.com. I don't want to spend time giving you the link and explanation.

According to SKYBOX. First of all. Don't use a skybox because it is not a good solution. Cover all leaks with the sky texture. If it's hard to understand what I mean I suggest you READ GUIDES.

If you continue asking things which can be found using the search button or google I think you're going to get banned for spamming. I'm also sure people will begin to ignore your questions.

remake12/08/2008 20:52(edited 12/08/2008 20:53)

About that spawnpoint - Use expert fgd. U can get it if u download raver's mapping pack, or search it from google. If u use that, then there is a info_player_deathmatch, thats the terrorist spawnpoint.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.