Best method for calculating start/finish time

Started by MALON
12/08/2008 03:47
Page 1 of 1
MALON12/08/2008 03:47

I am currently using a modded climb plugin, but I think it may not be accurate. If it is off, it's not by a lot.

Anyway, I'd like to know what the best method for calculating climb times is.

Thanks,

MALON

$m@r712/08/2008 12:37
MALON12/08/2008 22:02

Hm, I didn't really think of that. Maybe I'll just copy the method that XJ uses in their plugins.

But my question still remains: Does the plugin package that XJ uses, utilize the the best method for calculating times?

Basically, I was hoping for an answer along the lines of "Take the time of the server at finish minus the time of the server at start and that will be the most accurate climb time" or "For every player to hit start, give them a set_task and calculate their times in that". (Btw, i realize the set_task method is stupid, just an example)

Maybe this should go in scripting help, but I'm not really looking for any scripting help, just the best server method. Up do you guys. ;)

owned12/08/2008 22:07

http://fatalis.ampaste.net/f197be2e1

there's a topic for creating a "stopwatch" in the scripting help.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.