Allow users to change display name on e107

Started by Sioux
12/08/2008 19:37
Page 1 of 1
Sioux12/08/2008 19:37(edited 12/08/2008 19:37)

As i saw it was possible here and i'm also using the website system e107 on my site, i couldn't find a way to allow it, so..

The question is: How do i allow users to change their display names on their own settings?

rdbok13/08/2008 13:05

I believe XJ has updated to e109..

dEMolite mapper13/08/2008 15:26

it is possible with e107 v7 and not with e107 v6. Update it to v7 and it will works

Sioux13/08/2008 18:59

The version im using is v0.7.11.

Is it on Settings/preferences/user Registration/posting?

dEMolite mapper14/08/2008 03:50

there is no options for it.
the users needs only to press the Settings button. And there will be the "Registration Informations" with the display name and so on

Sioux14/08/2008 05:35(edited 14/08/2008 05:40)

I wouldn't have created this thread if it was possible to do that. I obviously tested it.
Theres no way to change it when the user goes to his settings, its disabled just like the username.

So I guess its not possible if there's not an option to allow it.
I noted that i (admin)am able to change the username when i get into my settings, but i cant change the display name and that's kinda weird.

Thank you anyway!

dEMolite mapper14/08/2008 17:11

Mh okay thats really strange. Because i am using for Climbers-Germany e107 v7 too and i didnt need to change something to let the people change their nicks.

Sioux14/08/2008 18:31

Its not big deal...

By The way...
Whoever did Climbers-Germany's theme/organization did a really good job.

dEMolite mapper14/08/2008 19:14

That was DyleT2 he made all the graphic things ^^

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.