Long Jumps

17/08/2008 01:03
Page 1 of 1
Xeltic Tournament #117/08/2008 01:03

Hello, I've been mapping for a while. Just started too map for CS 1.6 and I'm wondering how I see the "Units" for creating a Long jump.
Please help me =/

raver mapper17/08/2008 01:12

Just create a block thats for example 260 units long. And place this between 2 other blocks.

Xeltic Tournament #117/08/2008 01:13

I'm thinking how do I see its 260 units ? ;x

Ever1x17/08/2008 01:18(edited 17/08/2008 01:18)

smalles grid is 1 unit.
1grid = 1unit!

dEMolite mapper17/08/2008 01:53

You can read it from the bottom of the statusbar out.
Here is an example: http://demolite.climbers-germany.de/units.jpg

ToraDora09/11/2008 02:38

Can someone please explain more/better, for example, my smallest gridsize is not 1 unit, its like 5 or something. How do you guys make your longjumps? Is there a tutorial anywhere?

PepoMerca09/11/2008 11:57

its really easy! just make 3 blocks of 240 units or what u want, and delete the second block!

ToraDora09/11/2008 17:32

But how do i know that the blocks are that exact size? I'm really sorry if i'm being really thick here but I just started mapping.

puppetz mapper09/11/2008 21:33(edited 09/11/2008 21:40)

Longjumps for idiots (:P):

Ok, first you have your two longjump blocks: http://dump.no/files/cb0c29cad50f/lj1.JPG
Now use the block tool to create a brush, and watch out at the bottom right to see the size of your brush.
As you move the edges around you can see what numbers change and which don't. When the number equals how many units you want the jump to be (in my case 240), align the two longjump blocks with the edges of this brush (you don't have to actually make it a brush, you can just do like I did): http://dump.no/files/cb0c29cad50f/lj2.JPG
You're gonna have to change the gridsize to the smallest (1-unit grid) if you're gonna make like a 255 units jump. You can do that with the [ and ] keys, or by clicking the "grid icons" in the upper left corner.

I didn't say you were an idiot, btw. :D

EDIT: http://dump.no/files/cb0c29cad50f/gridsize.JPG :P

ToraDora09/11/2008 23:04

Ah man thanks a lot! I finally understand... :D I'll let you in on a secret, the jumps I'm intending to create will be like 160-170! ;)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.