Need help

Started by Kureno
17/08/2008 11:17
Page 1 of 1
Kureno17/08/2008 11:17

Ok how i can give a door a custom sound?
and how i can make a sound that only play when you come in the radius but without loop?! for example when you fall down it comes the waaaaah sound

Igge17/08/2008 12:04

You have alot of sounds to choose from in the move sound menu. (Tie to entity>func_door>move sound)

To remove the sound loop simply remove _loop from the file name.

Kureno17/08/2008 14:37

i know that with the Normal sounds but i want to use a custom sound not the normal !

Igge17/08/2008 14:47

Never seen anyone asking for that. The door sounds in VHE has always been good for me.
Maybe you can experiment with different triggers. Like when you open the door you trigger an ambient generic. Thats the only thing I can think of. I like to experiment with different architectures so my entity knowledge is very bad :(

Kureno17/08/2008 14:58

no problem how i make a trigger that when i walk "in it" there comes a sound?

Igge17/08/2008 15:03

Thats the hard thing :P

Kureno17/08/2008 17:21

i must know it :(

PsYxOpAt mapper17/08/2008 19:52

i saw that a few times when i buld my maps tomorrow i will tell you how if i find it :) but chek func_door ambient_jeneretic

remake17/08/2008 22:44

multiple_manager mby ?

clair mapper18/08/2008 02:47

there are a couple ways to do it, but I don't think I've seen a way that includes the door itself. I just use a separate trigger nearby.

Kureno18/08/2008 21:32

ok i have a new Problem! How i make A door Locked? when someone knows it it would be very nice thanks for help

puppetz mapper18/08/2008 21:50(edited 18/08/2008 21:53)

Originally posted by adJ
ok i have a new Problem! How i make A door Locked? when someone knows it it would be very nice thanks for help


I assume you want sound on it, cause otherwise it's just a world brush or func_wall with a door texture :d
I would just create a brush, and tie it to a func_door_rotating entity (Ctrl + T). Then I give it a name, and choose a "Locked sound" for it.
For some reason func_door_rotating doesn't work when it's given a name. :P

Igge18/08/2008 22:37

I was bored so I decided to give it a try.

Here is a way I found good to give a door a custom sound. Some things might go wrong if you use a text explanation so here is a picture for you:

http://img501.imageshack.us/my.php?image=testbanabb1.jpg

I thought you wanted to check the result to see if it is this way you want it. So here is the map. In the map I use a sound from kz_a2_bhop_corruo_ez as example. The sound has a 1 secons delay if you wonder why it doesn't start exactly when you open the door.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/r7p01p

I really hope this is the way you want it.


Q: How do you make a locked door?

A: You don't apply a func_door on the texture.

Kureno19/08/2008 18:33(edited 19/08/2008 18:42)

next problem -.- i making a Zm map but... my map must be dark but the map textures are brightly dont know why somebody know how i can Fix it?!

[i use Snow Textures]

kzro`sn00p19/08/2008 19:30

that settings can be done from zm addon

Kureno19/08/2008 21:30

yeah i did it but sometimes its dark and sometimes its bright

clair mapper19/08/2008 22:55

does it differ each time you play the map, or for each map? certain maps for zm dont go dark because of the way theyre lit, for instance cs_prospeedball.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.