RefreshLock

Started by k[R]y
20/08/2008 16:36
Page 1 of 1
k[R]y20/08/2008 16:36

Hi everyone... Im new around here.

I have a LCD monitor and I had enough of playing with 60 fps so I did some searching around these forums. I found out about RefreshLock and when I tried it there was no difference in fps... it was still 60. I dont want to turn off vsync because the game looks like crap and even tho I get 100fps it looks like theres some kind of weird fps lagg or something... dont know how to describe it:)

That brings me to my point. Is RefreshLock only supposed to work with CRT monitors??? If it's not then why doesnt it work for me???

Vyrus20/08/2008 16:51

You cannot increase your LCD monitors refresh rate to 100Hz, it's probably capped to 60 by the DVI plug.

Dragon20/08/2008 21:34

Originally posted by Vyrus
You cannot increase your LCD monitors refresh rate to 100Hz, it's probably capped to 60 by the DVI plug.

you can lock this forum. btw, LCD works with different technology, so the "Hz" you're referring to are different Hz than the CRT ones.

k[R]y20/08/2008 22:38

So basically theres no way of getting 100fps other than turning off vsync or getting a CRT monitor? Too bad.

joel21/08/2008 14:56

do you mean CS fps or your computer's fps?

k[R]y21/08/2008 16:58(edited 21/08/2008 17:01)

CS
You can close this thread. I just turned off vsync and I'm slowly getting used to the flickering:)

Z0ck3rOO721/08/2008 18:22

i would also want to know if its possible to get 100(virtual)hz with a tft, so won't look that wierd anymore :)

CothA21/08/2008 18:26

It ain't possible.

http://www.sk-gaming.com/forum/2/1299292-100_hz

k[R]y26/08/2008 02:47(edited 26/08/2008 02:48)

Well I updated my NVIDIA drivers and I have a problem now. Even after I turn of vsync the fps is still 75. Anyone knows why?

boom.dll26/08/2008 12:38

fps_max 101?

k[R]y26/08/2008 13:17(edited 28/08/2008 02:04)

Yes. I didn't change anything besides updating the drivers and turning off vsync

Edilt: Lol it seems that I just had to restart my computer for the changes to take effect. Well anyways it's solved now:P

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.