cmp_collage_v2 crashes on player death

Started by MALON
26/08/2008 21:45
Page 1 of 1
MALON26/08/2008 21:45(edited 26/08/2008 21:59)

*edit*
I use a modified version if Ian Cammarata's climb plugin. I have just tested this problem with a vanilla copy of his (before i my modifications in) and the crashes still exist, so my modifications have not induced this. If anyone would like to look at his plugin, it is is here:
http://svn.ian.cammarata.us/index.cgi/amxx/climb.sma?revision=41&view=markup
*/edit*

*edit2*
For any mapmakers out there, here is a list of entities within the map. I know jack about mapping CS maps, so maybe someone can see a bad entity. The list can be found here:
http://www.xyzcrew.info/entities.txt
*/edit2*

I don't expect this to be answered because it's so weirdly abstract, but this is my problem:

kz_cmp_collage_v2 crashes when a player dies. It also crashes if set_pev( id, pev_deadflag, DEAD_DEAD ) is set on them. It also crashes on a client_kill and a user_kill. This means it's one of two things:

1. the deadflag crashes the map
2. noclip crashes the map

I don't think it's noclip, because if i comment out the set_pev( id, pev_deadflag, DEAD_DEAD ) line, no crash. The player still gets set_pev( id, pev_movetype, NOCLIP ) and it works fine.

I've run my plugin on every other map and I've never seen this happen on any other one. I've re-downloaded cmp_collage_v2 multiple times, so I'm pretty it's a good copy of the map.

I'm also fully aware that it's my climb plugin causing the problem, because if I stop the plugin and set a deadflag via a different plugin, no crash.

It still remains that there must be something unique about this map because this is the only map that it happens on, so my end question is: Does anyone know anything unique about this map that could cause this to happen?

Thanks anyone,

--MALON

dEMolite mapper27/08/2008 09:45

Originally posted by MALON
*edit2*
For any mapmakers out there, here is a list of entities within the map. I know jack about mapping CS maps, so maybe someone can see a bad entity. The list can be found here:
http://www.xyzcrew.info/entities.txt
*/edit2*

as you said the problem was already there with the plugin. try to play the map without the plugin it won't crash when you are dieing. so there aren't any problems with the entitys.

As you wrote under the edit2, it crashes on pev_deadflag. I would suggest you to let it comment it out, if it doesn't effect other stuff from the plugin. If it effects other stuffs, wait for an answer from some of the amxx scripters or ask Ian Cammarata in the amxx forums. Maybe he is willing to fix it.

SchlumPF27/08/2008 16:11

try to update/reinstall amxx too

MALON29/08/2008 05:08(edited 29/08/2008 05:09)

thx for the help anyway guys. I think it's gonna have to be one of those if mapname == cmp_collage kind of fixes. btw, ian doesn't code for this plugin anymore (or perhaps not for amxx in general anymore), or i would have asked him.

It's not just the plugin, it's a combination of the plugin and the map, because there obviously must be something unique about the map for it to mess up with the plugin and not with any other maps, I was just wondering if anyone knew what it was that was unique, :)

@schlumpf

yeah, i tried that too. no go. Maybe someday though an amxx update will correct this :)

--MALON

SchlumPF29/08/2008 09:00

obviously you are right... afaik ian really stopped coding amxx stuff.
nearly noone can help you... i would need some error message you get but cs likes to crash while using amxx w/o any error message, neither in the amxx logs nor in a popup :(

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.