amx screwed me. help!

Started by ympe
30/08/2008 00:46
Page 1 of 1
ympe30/08/2008 00:46(edited 30/08/2008 00:47)

Ok this is my problem.

I just started making a map and everything worked out perfectly. Then i downloaded the amx mod and copied those files to my cstrike folder.

I made a few more jumps and try to compile. and got this wierd message

** Executing...
** Command: Change Directory
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\counter-strike"


** Executing...
** Command: Change Directory
** Parameters: "c:\documents and settings\nikke\desktop\map grejjer\test" -nowadtextures

* Could not execute the command:
Change Directory "c:\documents and settings\nikke\desktop\map grejjer\test" -nowadtextures
* Windows gave the error message:
"The operation completed successfully."

** Executing...
** Command: Change Directory
** Parameters: "c:\documents and settings\nikke\desktop\map grejjer\test"

* Could not execute the command:
Change Directory "c:\documents and settings\nikke\desktop\map grejjer\test"
* Windows gave the error message:
"The operation completed successfully."

** Executing...
** Command: Change Directory
** Parameters: "c:\documents and settings\nikke\desktop\map grejjer\test"

* Could not execute the command:
Change Directory "c:\documents and settings\nikke\desktop\map grejjer\test"
* Windows gave the error message:
"The operation completed successfully."

** Executing...
** Command: Change Directory
** Parameters: "c:\documents and settings\nikke\desktop\map grejjer\test"

* Could not execute the command:
Change Directory "c:\documents and settings\nikke\desktop\map grejjer\test"
* Windows gave the error message:
"The operation completed successfully."

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "c:\documents and settings\nikke\desktop\map grejjer\test.bsp" "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\counter-strike\cstrike\maps\test.bsp"


** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "c:\documents and settings\nikke\desktop\map grejjer\test.pts" "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\counter-strike\cstrike\maps\test.pts"


** Executing...
** Command: C:\PROGRA~1\Steam\STEAMA~1\GUYGIL~1.COM\COUNTE~1\hl.exe
** Parameters: +map "test" -game cstrike -dev -console +deathmatch 1

All the blocks are there in hammer but they wont show up when I compile.

I'd be really grateful if some1 could help me. I've got no clue what's wrong.

Windows gave the error message:
"The operation completed successfully."

What does that even mean?

dEMolite mapper30/08/2008 00:56

We have discussed this error enough but i will do it the last time again.

It is forbidden to place the sourcefile in a folder which has spaces in the name.

** Parameters: "c:\documents and settings\
"Documents and Settings" <- thats the mistake. Because it has spaces in the name.

ympe30/08/2008 01:25

Could you post a link to a thread where someone explains this problem.

It worked fine like that untill I got the amx mod. I dont even know exactly what to search for and Im so noob Im not even sure wich file you are talking about.

super thnx for the help!

ympe30/08/2008 01:54

thnx but i got it working again. turns out I somehow got the fgd file for counter strike in the wrong map. it now compiles everything just fine.

thnx again.

if an admin sees this thread you can delete it.

Kisses!

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.