My Steam Account got Hacked?

04/09/2008 20:42
Page 1 of 1
stask0 Tournament #204/09/2008 20:42(edited 04/09/2008 20:52)

Hello. Yesterday i saw that i couldnt connect to my steam. Every time i try to connect it says: Login to steam failed. Either the specified account does not exist, or the password was wrong. Please check your account name and password and try again. I had tryed to connect to my steam account through http://steampowered.com and it worked. After that i tryed to create a new account by clicking on "Create a new account" or trying to get my account back from "Retrieve a lost account" but both didnt worked, when i clicked on them nothing happend. I was wondering if there is some other way similar to the "Retrieve a lost account" function to get my account back. Please help.

-stask0-

cC|SpiNe04/09/2008 21:21

Make a steam ticket at steampowered.

stask0 Tournament #204/09/2008 21:28

How? Can you give me some link? Or explain better.

oO3ddYOo05/09/2008 14:58

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2347-QDFN-4366

sj05/09/2008 17:54(edited 05/09/2008 17:55)

also you should change the passwords of all accounts where you used the password asap.

kafds05/09/2008 22:11

You're so screwed now.

stask0 Tournament #213/09/2008 17:54(edited 14/09/2008 01:57)

Originally posted by oO3ddYOo
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2347-QDFN-4366


Link doesnt work :<


edit: It works now. What should i do? :d

Nekso14/09/2008 03:30(edited 14/09/2008 03:37)

Hai stask0

Originally posted by stask0
Hello. Yesterday i saw that i couldnt connect to my steam. Every time i try to connect it says: Login to steam failed. Either the specified account does not exist, or the password was wrong. Please check your account name and password and try again. I had tryed to connect to my steam account through http://steampowered.com and it worked. After that i tryed to create a new account by clicking on "Create a new account" or trying to get my account back from "Retrieve a lost account" but both didnt worked, when i clicked on them nothing happend. I was wondering if there is some other way similar to the "Retrieve a lost account" function to get my account back. Please help.

-stask0-


1- You cant login in the client, but you can in their website
2- the other functions in the client, like "Create new acc" and "retrieve lost acc", dont work as well. the "Create new acc" should work every time.

From what you wrote seems like your Client can't comunicate with Steam Network.
Thats what I deduced.. I could be wrong ofc.

I'd recommend a clean install on the Client.
(you dont need to delete all your stuff, like maps, dems, etc)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.