Reduced slowdown in landing

Started by liquidi
11/09/2008 11:51
Page 1 of 1
liquidi11/09/2008 11:51

What's the key for reducing slowdown like in nfs_longjump? I have been told you have to tap duck while landing but also that you have to doubleduck, so which one is it?

boom.dll11/09/2008 11:53

bind mwheelup/down +duck... spam mwheelup/down at the right moment :) (when landing to be more exact...)

thopa11/09/2008 12:05

It works pretty much as a bhop, but you make it with duck. If your scroll timing is bad, it will result in you getting less slowdown, just as bad bhop timing will give you less bhop speed. Perfect timing and you will loose very little speed.

It works in two ways. Either hold duck/Ctrl while you are in the air and release Ctrl just before touching the ground and make a doubleduck/scroll, or simply just doubleduck/scroll, without holding duck in the air.

I don't know which is the fastest, but on shorter jumps I would think it's faster to just scroll when landing. If you hold Ctrl in air before releasing it and scrolling it will take you more time to reach the ground and perform the doubleduck. And doing it this way on 10 jumps will loose you some time.

Fliborecord holder Tournament #211/09/2008 14:01

I think it's just stupid to call it doubleduck. Doubleduck is SO old-fashioned way of doing it. Just tap duck twice. If you do it with scroll you just have to scroll once.

Scary Tournament #211/09/2008 15:23

I scroll 11 times, every single time I do it. That helps me. Because I deserve it.

veer14/09/2008 22:30

7 times here

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.