What is the minimum of HJ?
i was looking at lj records and saw this jump:
6k at 241 stats 250.336 pre 274.111 max 333.815
cant play cs now, didn't see the dem, but wtf? he jumped like 9 units before and didn't lost pre.
eDARRRRRRRRRKK! where are you??
maybe he did something similar to Pulsars "trick the edgefriction" technique
Fof got pretty far with it
(too lazy to watch the demo now)
Originally posted by BooLiSHmaybe he did something similar to Pulsars "trick the edgefriction" technique
Fof got pretty far with it
(too lazy to watch the demo now)
Could you link to this one? I'm interested too :/
Flibo:http://xtreme-jumps.eu/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?63696.0
Yeyey, wrote about it longtime ago.. edgefriction area is not constant 13,6 units. It depends of an angle between moving vector and an edge.. fof did 242 with 250 stats and oTcHeTo 240 with 245 stats..
Oh, that technique. When I first saw a hj in sn_nanoblock, I tried to do it in a similar way. The pre will be pretty hard and your first strafe is gonna be huge, I guess it requires some practice!
Actually, to the theory side; I don't know what do you mean with vector and edge, but if the player runs _towards_ a block over 70 units high from the ground, he loses speed. In this technique, the player isn't running towards the edge, but 90+ degrees from the edge, therefore he won't lose any speed, as he isn't "leaving" the block, but coming towards the block. Nice way to trick the engine :) Can't say the minimum stats for it though.
It is possible to do 240hj with 240.xxx stats, but u need to jump parallel of edge and turn on 90 degrees in th air..
yeah, im always using that technique while playing hns ^_^ especially in italy_remake =D
Please log in to post replies.