jawbreakers

Started by raver mapper
17/09/2008 23:09
Page 1 of 1
raver mapper17/09/2008 23:09(edited 17/09/2008 23:09)

http://nuuk.nl/maps/gp/gp_mainhall_01.jpg
http://nuuk.nl/maps/gp/gp_mainhall_02.jpg
http://nuuk.nl/maps/gp/gp_mainhall_03.jpg
http://nuuk.nl/maps/gp/gp_mainhall_04.jpg

puppetz mapper17/09/2008 23:14

If you didn't keep on looking for .wad packs including specific theme-textures, you probably would have stopped mapping now. None of your maps has got any personality in them, it's all just theme-based textures, applied on boring architecture.
Sorry to drop off such a comment, but you know how I feel about you and your textures. You should move on, and create your own style.

raver mapper17/09/2008 23:20(edited 17/09/2008 23:22)

Originally posted by PuppetZ^
If you didn't keep on looking for .wad packs including specific theme-textures, you probably would have stopped mapping now. None of your maps has got any personality in them, it's all just theme-based textures, applied on boring architecture.
Sorry to drop off such a comment, but you know how I feel about you and your textures. You should move on, and create your own style.


Im sorry, those are 5 wad files combined that muzzleflash sended me. Some textures I created myself or I edited it. Those wad files are: submerged, cruiser_drift, deathan, q3evil4 and portals.wad. I created my own world with those textures. And they all fit well together!

And I dont think you really understand what texture packs are. Those are textures made for each other. And simply because I cant create my own full textures (simple ones are oké). I use textures from other people. And those texture packs you can just simpyl find on wadfather. They are there for free.

Please dont react on this post, do it on IRC. I dont wanna end up in a spam thread. Or I will call 0900-tintin to remove all the replys on this post.

Igge17/09/2008 23:45

I disagree with Puppetz.
I think your texture work is awesome. Everyone can't make their own textures. I have more than basic knowledge about photoshop but I'm far from good enough to make my own textures. Even if different websites give the mapper an oportunity to download wad-files it still requires alot of good mapping to create a map where all textures fit together.
This map has a beautiful combination of different textures. There are alot of tech maps out there but this map has it's own theme and I don't see anything stolen from other maps.
Keep on editing this thread. It would be nice to see how you add the jumps to the map.
Jawbreakers? Would you like to explain your choice of that name?

Good work so far. Keep it going!

raver mapper17/09/2008 23:48

Originally posted by Igge
I disagree with Puppetz.
I think your texture work is awesome. Everyone can't make their own textures. I have more than basic knowledge about photoshop but I'm far from good enough to make my own textures. Even if different websites give the mapper an oportunity to download wad-files it still requires alot of good mapping to create a map where all textures fit together.
This map has a beautiful combination of different textures. There are alot of tech maps out there but this map has it's own theme and I don't see anything stolen from other maps.
Keep on editing this thread. It would be nice to see how you add the jumps to the map.
Jawbreakers? Would you like to explain your choice of that name?

Good work so far. Keep it going!


Its the mainhall for the group project, where you are in ..

Igge17/09/2008 23:54

Ah, it can be a wierd combination if my part will be one of the picked ones :P
Anyway, it's nice to see one of pieces we are competing against :)

raver mapper18/09/2008 00:12

Originally posted by Igge
Ah, it can be a wierd combination if my part will be one of the picked ones :P
Anyway, it's nice to see one of pieces we are competing against :)


The 10 levels dont need to look like each other. Thats just the fun part

eMTi18/09/2008 14:32

hmm it may have some potential if you put some work on the wall textures. They look too flat if you ask me. Additionally you could work with those window textures or whatever this is (1. screen) a bit more.

maybe add some func_conveyors to get something moving into the map, because atm it alle looks very flat and static.. you can do better :)

mtoboiii8000 mapper18/09/2008 14:41

I saw it ingame! The word jawbreaker fits ;) trust me ;) its not flat or boring at all! Its perfect but the screens dont show it thats true^^

ajR`18/09/2008 21:27

Looks very nice, gj.

DiDo-Grecord holder18/09/2008 21:45

sweety but where are the jumps? :D

owned19/09/2008 04:21

lol, this is just the main hall for the group project, no jumps needed :p

looks good raver, nice and smooth

roflcopter19/09/2008 14:46

it looks great/NODDAN

A12s19/09/2008 16:05

looks great gj

cC|SpiNe19/09/2008 16:28

Looks pretty good.

mH [KZRA]30/09/2008 14:54

looks very good.. i love the texture work !!!

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.