Counter-Strike Port forwarding problems under

Started by chrizZo
25/09/2008 12:20
Page 1 of 1
chrizZo25/09/2008 12:20

Well, first of all I wasn't that sure to post this in cstrike help or in general help. But since I don't know if this problem is for other games too, I posted it in cstrike help.

Problem: I want to run a Lan Server that is available for the internet. I know how to forward ports and I allready did that. It worked great with windows xp but since I got a new computer (vista 64 bit), its not working anymore at all.
Firewall rules are set, router rules are set like before and Ports are correctly forwarded. I tried to connect on my lan server with my old pc(my xp pc), but this didn't worked too. But its a bit confusing that I'm in a network with my old pc and things like sharing files is available. I can send files via my network to both computers and they are seeing each other, but I can't connect to my lan server in counter-strike. I can !ping both computer with windows cmd (1 ms) and people in the internets can ping my router too, so it doesn't block it or something.

So, does anybody know where the problem is with counter-strike lan servers under vista ? :/ (boom.dll got the same problem^^)
ps: I googled but haven't found anything , hi

kzro`sn00p25/09/2008 12:25

sn00p same problem :D vista x86

boom.dll25/09/2008 17:39

well it seems that this problem occurs only with cs... PoisoN told me he played Crysis wars on his network, and everyone could see his game and connect...
PoisoN also told me that when he makes a dedicated server (not a lan game...) people can connect... but thats not good for demo recorders... :E... still searching for a solution... if anyone found a fix, pls post, hi

Acidas25/09/2008 19:50

Well :D my problem if almost the same :D i use Win XP and my router can forward any port except CS :D lol. Anyway take a look in http://portforward.com/ :) it helps! :)

kzro`sn00p25/09/2008 20:24

yep boom the pb is only with cs [ new game ] hlds works fine ... but lan :/ ..

chrizZo25/09/2008 23:07

Acidas on my other computer my lan server is running for the internet. so Im forwarding ports correctly and thats not the problem I think. but thanks for the help , maybe I'll try this tomorrow.

cC|Stewie!25/09/2008 23:21

i have this problem also :(
I could use sv_lan 0 on my old computer (windows XP) and ppl could join
But now i got a new comp with vista nad sv_lan 0 doesnt work
Checked my ports and they were closed, so i opened them, and still nothing :(

Fliborecord holder Tournament #227/09/2008 12:26(edited 27/09/2008 12:27)

Originally posted by Stewie!
i have this problem also :(
I could use sv_lan 0 on my old computer (windows XP) and ppl could join
But now i got a new comp with vista nad sv_lan 0 doesnt work
Checked my ports and they were closed, so i opened them, and still nothing :(


It's Vista's fault. Steam has stated that. They also said they'll be fixing it "in some time", which I could figure would be some months.. :E

EDIT: I forwarded all possible ports and I had no success, so I'm really confident that it's steam's fault.

veer27/09/2008 12:47(edited 27/09/2008 12:58)

vista by default blocks them, nothing you can do except get new os

and flibo its vistas fault not steams

vista has these "security features" wich blocks the connection of someone to your port like that

kzro`sn00p27/09/2008 12:50

omg that's gay dude >_> someone talked about this pb on steamforums ? or dunno microsoft , cause we need a solution :/

chrizZo27/09/2008 17:38

there has to be a way to turn that off veer :/ Now don't say no!

cC|Stewie!27/09/2008 19:34

hack gabe's brain?

boom.dll29/09/2008 10:53

who`s gabe and where do we find his brain? :D

SchlumPF29/09/2008 14:18

gabe newell is some steam rpogrammer or shit afaik
cs got some minor updates in the last months but do not hope for more...

Dragon05/10/2008 12:30

is there any way how to forward my ports when my modem is not in the list on portforward.com ? I don't even know what is port forwarding :( I'm asking because of torrents not CS

chrizZo30/10/2008 21:31

Problem fixed due the new steam update. Port forwarding is now possible in vista.
Admin please close this thread! Thanks for all the good answers :)

cC|Stewie!30/10/2008 22:29

Still not working for me
:S
Im sure ill figure something out though...

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.