prestrafe must < 300 in CJ and BJ??

Started by creasy`
28/09/2008 19:47
Page 1 of 1
creasy`28/09/2008 19:47(edited 28/09/2008 19:49)

why? Who can explain to me ??

lonewolf VIP28/09/2008 20:13

i think its cuz on 1.3 and older versions of cs, the bhop you don't slow down (equal AXN) and can get i think 2000 speed.

On 1.5 i think, they put a limit that when you reach 300+ speed you slow down to 250.(i think its 250).

If you get 299.999999 pre (yes, 6 decimals), you stay with 299 pre, but if you get 300, you slow down to 250.

creasy`28/09/2008 20:27

Originally posted by ikm
i think its cuz on 1.3 and older versions of cs, the bhop you don't slow down (equal AXN) and can get i think 2000 speed.

On 1.5 i think, they put a limit that when you reach 300+ speed you slow down to 250.(i think its 250).

If you get 299.999999 pre (yes, 6 decimals), you stay with 299 pre, but if you get 300, you slow down to 250.


I got it! thanks!
BTW anyone has the HL engine source code ? thanks another time

Fliborecord holder Tournament #206/10/2008 12:38

Originally posted by creasy`
Originally posted by ikm
i think its cuz on 1.3 and older versions of cs, the bhop you don't slow down (equal AXN) and can get i think 2000 speed.

On 1.5 i think, they put a limit that when you reach 300+ speed you slow down to 250.(i think its 250).

If you get 299.999999 pre (yes, 6 decimals), you stay with 299 pre, but if you get 300, you slow down to 250.


I got it! thanks!
BTW anyone has the HL engine source code ? thanks another time


I'm not so interested in the source code, but I happen to know that some parts of CS/HL source code are somewhere in the internet :P I know one Finnish guy who has a piece of code, relating to falling and fall damage :D

But conclusion, I don't think you'll find it easily, it's not open source.

Grrr06/10/2008 17:06

Originally posted by Flibo
Originally posted by creasy`
Originally posted by ikm
i think its cuz on 1.3 and older versions of cs, the bhop you don't slow down (equal AXN) and can get i think 2000 speed.

On 1.5 i think, they put a limit that when you reach 300+ speed you slow down to 250.(i think its 250).

If you get 299.999999 pre (yes, 6 decimals), you stay with 299 pre, but if you get 300, you slow down to 250.


I got it! thanks!
BTW anyone has the HL engine source code ? thanks another time


I'm not so interested in the source code, but I happen to know that some parts of CS/HL source code are somewhere in the internet :P I know one Finnish guy who has a piece of code, relating to falling and fall damage :D

But conclusion, I don't think you'll find it easily, it's not open source.


why some1 would need the source code ?.. we already finded all bugs in HL engine *I think* :)

deus?07/10/2008 08:47

hm, ive been thinking about... why when you bhopin continiously you aint slowing down? when you doing single jump, 300+ speed slows you. but when you bhopin u got much more than 300 and theres no slowdowns... until u mess strafes or jump early :/

eMTi07/10/2008 14:13

deus: easy answer:
because you strafe! ofc you get more than 300 u/s speed while bhopping and then get a slowdown on the next jump, but you gain speed again by strafing.
Another way is to do standup bhops, which give you a little boost :)

qewi07/10/2008 17:30

Originally posted by deus?
hm, ive been thinking about... why when you bhopin continiously you aint slowing down? when you doing single jump, 300+ speed slows you. but when you bhopin u got much more than 300 and theres no slowdowns... until u mess strafes or jump early :/

you get slowed down.. just that youre strafing like hell so youre getting the speed back :p try bhopping with /speed and watch it

deus?08/10/2008 09:30

been playing for a long time and never thought about it lol. allright now i got it :>

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.