New bhoptechnique?

02/10/2008 01:12
Page 1 of 1
Scary Tournament #202/10/2008 01:12

I've been thinking of this new bhoptechnique and I've been trying it, but I can't seem to get it right. So I want to see if any of you can.

I'm at work, so I can't post any demo or picture, but I can try to explayn it.

When you jump, instead of landing with a jump, land with a CJ, then standup bhop, and then repeat it.

Jump, standup-CJ - repeat.

Will that give extra speed? Will take remove all slowdown time in a landing? The questions are limitless!!

HF!!

Gerchuuuu02/10/2008 01:59

i thought about doing that,
but tried it, and it was hard for me, it slowed me down

pLaguE^02/10/2008 02:39

I've done this for quite awhile now, not really new news, but in my opinion I think that it does give you a little more speed than regular stand ups and regular bhops.

Other than that nice find scary :)

NumB02/10/2008 03:18

It gives no extra speed, plus block will go down after doubleduck. It's good only when block doesn't go down and you are 2 far from the edge 2 make a successful jump after it. Ow, almost forgot - this you'r new technique, what is in some movies at some tjs also makes you jump higher than after usial bhop.

leggie02/10/2008 03:26

it only really helps when your trying to kz fast.... when you drop blocks it helps alot if you cant g-strafe

Fliborecord holder Tournament #202/10/2008 14:11

It's even in some world record demos as far as I know. It's called doubleduckbhop I believe :P Practical only in maps like sn_mountsnow and such, where the blocks are big and you can't bhop them with a normal standup.

Grrr02/10/2008 16:48

BHOP/JUMP + CJ = Standup BHOP prestrafe (if u spam with 2 scrolls mouse u could do it)
CJ + a few +jump commands (very sensitive scroll) in the air (while CJ) is BHOP pre too..

..and btw I think I found some new LJ/HJ prestrafe technique with unlimited pre (instead 278 It could do 299.9 pre(which means LJ with 299.9 pre, and u don't get affected by edgefricition) so newLJ tech > CJ, but untill I finish my xperiments I would not release it. :>

@IchWill

zhady Tournament #203/10/2008 18:10

I think I did it at the shortcut on kz_kzse_marsh, if I understood you right.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.