About "Mouse Filter" option

Started by defrog
06/10/2008 08:36
Page 1 of 2
defrog06/10/2008 08:36

I found this option would help me control my strafe better in LJ...

Does XJ ban this option?

Fliborecord holder Tournament #206/10/2008 08:58

No. It's completely legal. I haven't found any use for it though. :S

defrog06/10/2008 11:13

It's fine that its legal. I just found this option's effect in LJ, not in normal kz, and the effect is obvious that I can make 250 stats easily now :D

defrog06/10/2008 12:53

now the 250 block, I did it !

Fliborecord holder Tournament #206/10/2008 12:57

Originally posted by defrog
now the 250 block, I did it !


Good job!

mjuuh06/10/2008 14:52

I cant see the difference between m_filter 1 or 0

BLT^_^06/10/2008 16:45

m_filter 1 gives you a smooth movement ( of course, when you move the mouse ) .

st@mbeto. mapper06/10/2008 17:02

can u say that option :?

Tess06/10/2008 17:48

I don't feel a difference.
Does it give any kind of advantage?

veer06/10/2008 18:27

m_filter 1 makes it more inaccurate movement

but does make it smoother

so if you just play kz then go for it but dont use this if you play reg cs since it makes your aim off

defrog07/10/2008 06:40

Originally posted by veer
m_filter 1 makes it more inaccurate movement

but does make it smoother

so if you just play kz then go for it but dont use this if you play reg cs since it makes your aim off


yeah, exactly

deus?07/10/2008 08:42

after playing hl2, portal etc. with mfilter, now i cant play kz w/o it :/ btw, why mfilter cannot be used in cs? imo, its better than w/o it, aiming become more accurate and smoother eh?

heaRse07/10/2008 12:37(edited 07/10/2008 12:39)

Originally posted by Tess
I don't feel a difference.
Does it give any kind of advantage?


No. It's just a matter of taste.
I've used it quite long time now, no matter what I've played. Why shouldn't you use a cmd that makes your mousemovement smoother? It also helps at aiming, but not as much as it helps at kz.

Rodrig0v07/10/2008 22:20

i think it has something to do with mouse frequency, with g9 it didnt make any difference but if u have a $2 mouse, ur sync goes up from like 40 to 80

defrog08/10/2008 03:49

Originally posted by Rodrig0v
i think it has something to do with mouse frequency, with g9 it didnt make any difference but if u have a $2 mouse, ur sync goes up from like 40 to 80


I'm using logitech MX510, so it means mx510's frequency is not enough?

Kevlarrrr08/10/2008 10:17

My mouse isnt even worth $1, and i changed to m_filter 1 and sync went from like 40-50 upto around 70,

kafds08/10/2008 12:03

Yeh, it does help - atleast for me. I got mx518.

I did my first 251 stats today, 250 sw, and many times random 250 stats. It seemed to raise my prestrafe nicely.

defrog08/10/2008 15:50

Originally posted by kafds
Yeh, it does help - atleast for me. I got mx518.

I did my first 251 stats today, 250 sw, and many times random 250 stats. It seemed to raise my prestrafe nicely.


gj
my stats comes to 253.xxx :D

NOEL08/10/2008 17:33

Originally posted by deus?
after playing hl2, portal etc. with mfilter, now i cant play kz w/o it :/ btw, why mfilter cannot be used in cs? imo, its better than w/o it, aiming become more accurate and smoother eh?


In fact it makes ur aim less accurate, dunno what causes that. Also it feels harder to do those damn headzh0tz

kafds08/10/2008 17:44

I just broke my record, and did 252.6 :)

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.