kz_ihop_jungletemple

Started by oO3ddYOo
06/10/2008 11:11
Page 1 of 1
oO3ddYOo06/10/2008 11:11(edited 06/10/2008 11:12)

Status: Denied

Reason:

- Bugs/Shortcuts

Suggestions:

+ Nice Jumps and the Textures looking very nice

- The last Longjump is to hard make them smaller for better balance.

- Bugs (see below)

http://tinnet.net/imghost/files/ScreenShot110.jpg <- Waterfall sprite is square in the edges
http://tinnet.net/imghost/files/ScreenShot111.jpg <- Hp Booster minor texture Bug
http://tinnet.net/imghost/files/ScreenShot112.jpg <- very thin wall
http://tinnet.net/imghost/files/ScreenShot113.jpg <- bug
http://tinnet.net/imghost/files/ScreenShot114.jpg <- bug
http://tinnet.net/imghost/files/ScreenShot115.jpg <- Stuck when going backwards (small bug, but still bug), doubleduck or go all the way to the left to get past.
http://tinnet.net/imghost/files/ScreenShot117.jpg <- the light fade, doesnt go far enough down. Looks unrealistic.
http://sjs-webspace.extra.hu/stuff/kz_ihop_jungletemple0000.JPG
http://sjs-webspace.extra.hu/stuff/kz_ihop_jungletemple0001.JPG
http://sjs-webspace.extra.hu/stuff/kz_ihop_jungletemple0002.JPG
http://sjs-webspace.extra.hu/stuff/kz_ihop_jungletemple0003.JPG
http://sjs-webspace.extra.hu/stuff/kz_ihop_jungletemple0005.JPG
http://sjs-webspace.extra.hu/stuff/kz_ihop_jungletemple0008.JPG
http://sjs-webspace.extra.hu/stuff/kz_ihop_jungletemple0010.JPG
http://sjs-webspace.extra.hu/stuff/kz_ihop_jungletemple0012.JPG
http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?image=unbenanntao5.jpg <- U can stuck here

- Shortcuts (see below)

http://tinnet.net/imghost/files/ScreenShot116.jpg <- duckjump
http://sjs-webspace.extra.hu/stuff/kz_ihop_jungletemple0004.JPG
http://sjs-webspace.extra.hu/stuff/kz_ihop_jungletemple0006.JPG
http://sjs-webspace.extra.hu/stuff/kz_ihop_jungletemple0007.JPG
http://sjs-webspace.extra.hu/stuff/kz_ihop_jungletemple0011.JPG
http://tinnet.net/imghost/files/kz_ihop_jungletemple0000.JPG


After the Bugfixes u have maybe a Chance for kz_ ;)


NOTE
Make a changelog when/if you resubmit so we can easier see what you have changed and make the process go faster.
Thank you.

FLR06/10/2008 12:02(edited 06/10/2008 12:13)

wow, that was a lot of bugs. I think I have tested this map like 100 times before submit, and I can say I really suck when it comes to find bugs.

Ok, I'll fix these bogus and resubmit with a changelog, and thank you for the feedback :)

EDIT:

haha lols, the third pic, the null-bug. That one came up after I deleted some more advanced vertexing. And I cant understand how the heck I could have missed it.

EDIT 2:

http://sjs-webspace.extra.hu/stuff/kz_ihop_jungletemple0001.JPG
this wall is meant to be here, so you cant get stuck :/

Else I would have to rebuild quite a lot. So I see it like this:
Isnt it better that you can't get stuck rather than getting stuck when you jump to that block?

but if rebuilding that specific area is a must, I'm going to do it :)

EDIT 3:

omg guys :D
this one:
http://sjs-webspace.extra.hu/stuff/kz_ihop_jungletemple0012.JPG
is to the secret room :P

its supposed to look like a teleporter, but it isnt. if you find the way to get to the secret room, that block will slide away and open the way to the secret room.

EDIT 4(SC's):
about them SC's. Some of them I think should be there, as some of them are really hard. But, as I said earlier, if removing those is what I have to do, consider them gone.

(But you guys missed the biggest SC ever :P
But I aint removing that one, as it is very hard to find, and it isnt so easy to nail it either)

sj06/10/2008 13:52(edited 06/10/2008 13:54)

you dont need to remove the scs. if you want them to be there its fine.

TinTin07/10/2008 14:22

If the big shortcut cuts more than half of the map you should consider removing it. However it is your choice if you want to keep shortcuts.
Huge shortcuts will only decrease the chance of the map getting accepted.

FLR07/10/2008 21:08

Well, it isnt cutting half of the map, just a 1/6 of it. But as you say, it is quite alot. So I decided to remove that one too.

omilo07/10/2008 21:37

"So I decided to remove that one too". Hope you didn't remove to many scs :P

FLR08/10/2008 19:38

well, the problem is that I think I removed too many, as you said omilo. The one in the start is gone, and the one just entering the temple, where you have to duck bhop. And the other duckbhop just before the bhop part is gone too. The ladder sc is gone, and the biggest of them all is gone. So there are only a few scs left, that earns you like 0.2 sek or smth. so I might add a small sc somewhere else.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.