kz_parkour mby ? :D

Started by dLx
06/10/2008 21:40
Page 1 of 2
dLx06/10/2008 21:40(edited 06/10/2008 23:32)

Hello i just watched a movie on youtube and i got this idea of a map with a city themed one.I thought of jumping on the roof's on the buildings with many interesting places in a city like subways, block of flats apartments , car parking buildings mby some wired walls which u can climb (like a ladder) etc etc it should be a fast map with some fall down with not many hard jumps the main thing is to see who he is the fastest. I think it should be a longer map so this could be a challenge for some mappers ^^

I don't care how much it takes mappers u can gather and do it together if u want but i'd rly like this to happen. ^^

add me on steam n3gativ3 if u started something or if ur interested :D

FLR06/10/2008 23:02

well. to make such a map its going to take a lot of time. because if the map is going to be playable it needs to be very big imo.

so, i have a suggestion :)
why dont a bunch of mappers create this kinda map together? it would be a lot easier and it would go alot faster imo.

im into this idea, so if more people wanna be into this too, i think this idea would be great.

and i can be a part of the "mapping team" for this project :)

good idea.

wRath` mapper07/10/2008 00:25

Haha one of my first mapping projects was called kz_parkour, and this idea has been mentioned like 2-3 times already :P

Well my map wasn't good anyway, but I approve of this idea :D
I love jumps up on roofs and stuff, it's awesome :P

deus?07/10/2008 00:55

eh, when some1 make kz_doom... :<

dLx07/10/2008 10:38

Originally posted by wRath`
Haha one of my first mapping projects was called kz_parkour, and this idea has been mentioned like 2-3 times already :P

Well my map wasn't good anyway, but I approve of this idea :D
I love jumps up on roofs and stuff, it's awesome :P



Try making with other mappers which u think that they can help u. :)

cC|Stewie!07/10/2008 16:38

i think hns_parcour would be pretty sweet aswell
Kinda like awp_rooftops, but with less "hight" and more houses
(And ladders)

dLx07/10/2008 19:20

Originally posted by Stewie!
i think hns_parcour would be pretty sweet aswell
Kinda like awp_rooftops, but with less "hight" and more houses
(And ladders)


Do u know how many pathetic attempts of hns maps are ?
awp_rooftops is copied on every map there are only those kind of maps.
I'll say simple awp_rooftops like maps won't be accepted anymore on hidenseek.eu.



Returning to kz_parkour nobody want's it ? :|


Extract13/10/2008 11:37(edited 13/10/2008 13:21)

A parkour map sounds like a good idea, but then you need to stop thinking awp_rooftops_parkour and start thinking how a REAL town or place for traceur would look like.

Different spots, not ONLY ladders and big houses, but boxes, jump from point A to point B, different areas for jumping and tricking etc.
Planning is the key too success :)
EDIT: Oh snap, i thought more of a hns-based-map -.-

lonewolf VIP13/10/2008 14:27

hns_parkour would be the BEST!

Trolis01/11/2008 03:52

I think it must be fast run map, with plenty of ljs.

O possible to do not bhop blocks, but one bhop roof, ant bhop many times on it, but non stop ?
Should be nice.

Bad english :$

NR|spr*01/11/2008 10:12

i would rely like to play such a map i hope there is a mapper that can do it (or a bunch of them)

stRunF04/11/2008 21:42

stop offtopic with hns_parkour..
kz_parkour,it would be a nice ideea,and wRath` try to correct/adjust some things on it:) <3 the ideea
le: hi dLx }{

dLx08/11/2008 10:23

No one cares i see.
close plz

SeedD08/11/2008 21:31

Why you think like that? kz_parkour is good idea, just there aren't so many mappers i see. wRath you are mapper too, aren't you? Mine ideas (I am not mapper): You need many ladders, ljs like 230-240 (ez), many roofs, and a lot of place for free jumping. (maybe and some teleport to LJ blocks after finishing the map) And remember: the map doesn't need bhop!

stRunF09/11/2008 13:19

well,here some ideas
-no 10.000 hp
-2000+units map
-little ladders,that u need to catch
-start at the top of the map,stop at the bottom ( don't create the map,so with 1 jumpbug u can finish it,mbe 3+)
-many ladders,some lj to avoid the risk of missing the ladder ( so u can go down from 1 ladder,to the bottomer one)

that's some of my ideas,if some1 wants to create this map,dLx & me will give u guys more ideas:) hf

lonewolf VIP09/11/2008 15:04

no long jumps, put high jumps.

and make kz_parkourblock

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/2417/31436105pm6.png
put something like that, but looking like HOUSES. Or make like the brazilian map: cs_rio http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk312/killerboy_14/CS/cs_rio0000.jpg

SeedD09/11/2008 17:19

No ljs, are u crazy? I see, our ideas aren't the same. This map needs: rocks, ladders, roofs, boxes and maybe some trees like on bkz_forestrace. I will write some other mine ideas later, because i will reinstall my Windows XP, I have some problems with the OS.

dLx09/11/2008 18:50(edited 09/11/2008 18:54)

I was thinking of roofs like in NewYork :E and maybe a stage where you can enter an appartement broke the window bhop on the fence and reach to a ladder something with action :)
I'd like to see lots of creative things cool textures :D and i think that the map should be finished in like 2:30-3:00 mins

lonewolf VIP10/11/2008 22:23

can put some long jumps, but the roof-to-roof is always higjump

SeedD11/11/2008 12:59

I forgot roof to roof is HJ :D I think map must be [ez] [med] and [h] :) And my ideas for ljs: [EZ]: min: 215 max: 230. [MED] min: 230 max: 240/245. [H] min: 245 max: 255. Weird idea, huh?

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.