3D select problems
Oke guys, here is my problem:
I bought a new pc with a ATi RADEON HD4850 and installed the needable drivers for it. I also run vista on this pc.
When I load hammer, and I open a map I cant select, or aply textures in the 3D window. I know this problem and I know howto fix this in Windows XP > download a old atioglxx.dll file.
But with VISTA its new for me. I tried allot of atioglxx.dll files. And also some old vista atioglxx.dll files. They all worked. But the 3D window LAGGS like crazy. Its not fun anymore, even after 5 mins your getting crazy. It looks like the 3D windows runs with 10FPS or something.
I googled ALLOT, and tried ALLOT! But till today nothing worked propperly. Is there somebody with almost the same specs and got this problem to? There must be some people who have the same thing!
Thanks already!!!!
I have too an ati radeon 4850 , and the same problem with vhe, i can`t select anything in 3d textured. The only solution to do that, it`s to disable the driver. And to do that , right click on My computer, then Properties, Hardware, Device Manager, click on Display adapters , right click on ATI RADEON HD4850, and Disable, then you`ll need to restart your pc. The bad thing it`s that the details are very low. Hope this will help you !
I need to normal fix, not a radical fix like that. then its not fun to map anymore..but thanks anyway
I don't know what you have tried to do so far but this issue is discussed in another mapping forum too. They have come up with alot of different solutions but I'm not sure if any of them works. One looks pretty intresting and advanced to me though. Take a look at the thread.
http://www.chatbear.com/unity2/12/913,1188737745,4371/1074674/0?v=flatold
got the same problem since i have winXP ;(
btw.. i have got an uber old gfxcard: ati radeon 9700xt! :D
Please log in to post replies.