lj prob

Started by KaerN
15/10/2008 15:55
Page 1 of 2
KaerN15/10/2008 15:55

Got problem with my strafe and sync + maxspeed

and i got the demo when i LJEd, plz tell everything i do wrong

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wc24pg

Platon`15/10/2008 16:29

I know what ur problem is =)

Begin with that, you barely strafe.. ur sync is so bad because when you press a and d you hold them in to short and you barely move you're mouse with it.. your prestrafe is very very good (in my opinion) but those strafe.. are tooooo short =)
and try to get them up to 5-6 that's a huge difference for long ljing

so what you want to do is try it on like.. hmm de_inferno and do sv_gravity 0 and doubleduck..
that should get you just above the ground.. start to strafe and feel how when yo do big strafes you go alot faster.. just like turn 90 deg in a long turn.. left and right..
when you have managed to realize how important it is to do them big.. try to go to a lj map and just do a short lj like 230 or 220 eaven

Try that and do big strafes.. good to the left and right (but keep the straight line for you're longjump :)

When you have tried that then it all comes with the practice :)

let me know if you can't get further :) and if you get like 80 sync with 2 strafes.. then you are getting the move =D

KaerN15/10/2008 16:39

PEOPLE says much about big strafe, what they mean? explain plz

KaerN15/10/2008 16:39

and nice wrote :) ty

Platon`15/10/2008 16:42

wan't me to explain better ?

KaerN15/10/2008 16:44

i mean , with the big strafe, u said make big strafe, but, i dont know what u mean, like a d for like half sec?

KaerN15/10/2008 16:45

http://www.sendspace.com/file/65eh8l liek that

Platon`15/10/2008 16:53

like this.. sorry about bad strafes and stuff.. I'm on my laptop at school.. not the best strafes I´ve done.. but I think you will under staind I can do it better in like 2 hours on an amx serv)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qhbi06

Platon`15/10/2008 16:54

try to understand this demo, I´ll do another one and try to make it better but I g2g now schooly time =D

KaerN15/10/2008 16:58

i need sprites/bottom lol

Platon`15/10/2008 16:58

ugh I´ll create another one when I get home :P

KaerN15/10/2008 17:03

if u can spec me here: 217.160.22.28:27013 and see if i do right,

KaerN15/10/2008 18:39

http://www.sendspace.com/file/k05o7o

KaerN16/10/2008 11:43

getting better and better for every time. ehhe ;) but still problem with the strafe. I dont got techqnic with the mouse
And how to make a style strafe with mouse, many sems to do a circle with mouse, but is it that

ToraDora10/11/2008 00:24

Personally, i think its harder to sync good with circlestrafes, the screen becomes really messy if you do many strafes, so learn to do regular strafes first.

Neo[a]10/11/2008 06:59

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lw92nz - big strafes
Its just hard to explain what first big strafe is , cuz its a feeling...

wRath` mapper10/11/2008 07:35

Looongjumping is a feeeling!
Who needs a sociaaal liiiiiiiiifeeeeeee!?

KaerN10/11/2008 14:22(edited 10/11/2008 14:26)

Well, i tryed to pracc circle. And i got much better with it. Now i do over 310-320 speed and over 89 sync always ;) with 275 pre. I do like 250 10x (not in row) but under 10min. So im happy. Practise ftw

neo btw, what did u mean with the demo? its dosnt looks like big strafes =

KaerN11/11/2008 18:40

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0dzzno i made my own strafe style. i finally made it . over 500 hour toall played in 5 weeks and made it !!! its 100aa sry for that.

Extract11/11/2008 19:52

I wouldn't call that an "own strafe style". That's basically how every 100aa longjumping strafe look like :>

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.