CS quits at mapdownload
like the subject says
since a few days, when i connect to a server which i ton'd have the map my counterstrike quits....
i have cl_allowdownload set to 1 in config....
till before a few days it works all perfect but since a few days i have this failure...
i don't know why cause i didn't have any changes in config or so then....
and... the sounds are everytime downloading but always then when it should download the map counterstrike will exit...
does anybody know this error or how to fix it?
[ Edited ]
[ Edited ]
first of all, a topic with only 3 or 4 words is better -changed-
wrong forum, general help would be better -moved-
and sorry, I dunno how to fix your problem :(.
k sorry didnt see this forum general help (i know i have to open my eyes ^^)
Is there any error message? Do you mean that CS shuts down or does it only stop downloading and jumps back to the main menu?
acidburn im guessing it shuts down as it said "quit" in the name.
probably something to do with all the steam updates thats been going on :) im sure itll be sorted soon
[ Edited Wed May 10 2006, 07:16AM ]
im sure itll be sorted soon
That part of the sentence i doesn't understand....
Does that mean the same how:
I'm sure that this failure will fixed in a later update?
and yes
i quits and cause of that i didn't see an error message
I had this problem once, dunno what I did to fix it though.
Originally posted by deeim sure itll be sorted soon
That part of the sentence i doesn't understand....
Does that mean the same how:
I'm sure that this failure will fixed in a later update?
Yes, that is what he ment.
I guess you will have to download the map elsewhere. B)
Just enter the name of the map in google. I'm sure you are going to find them all. Btw. most of the server don't have a HTTP server running so it's even faster if you download them from elsewere. However finding them can be a real pain. ;)
so
have news on that problem ^^
its not at mapdownload the crash, its on different servers. on some servers it works on some it doesn't.
found that errorlog
Error:Failed to load dialog file Resource/UI/ClassMenu.res
Function trace:
CFileSystem_Steam::Mount()
Found that in Steampowered page:
http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=131&p_created=1093304937&p_sid=cyB2Cabi&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MSZwX3Byb2RzPTAmcF9jYXRzPTAmcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PUNsYXNzbWVudQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1
I do everything what is standing there...
No Counterstrike will crash like before, but its no errorlog file created by the crashes....
only 1 *.mdmp files every crash...
I googled and had read you need visual studio to open that (i don't have this program)...
Isnywhere there who can open such as files or know how to fix that problem?
if first, i can send such as a crash file to this person which can do that into a readable file... i think that would be a great help
delete the file or the UI folder then start steam and it should download that files if the are really needed :/
it don't create any folder and/ or files then
so like steampowered it wrote its not neccesary (or how its written that word ^^) to play counterstrike but on some servers it can be :/
delete clientregistry.blob in your steam folder
then start steam and it should update
the try to join that servers
so
steam has updated like you said
when i will join such as a server then its still crash :/
it crashes when its about 50% of precaching resources
Some of the Servers wo my cs is crashing is for example
The Bishop Bhop Server
EDIT
but after this update it cames a new problem ^^
about all 40 seconds the mouse cursor is shown into my crosshair. i have to press the score button to put them off then wait 40 seconds and it comes again `^^
EDIT2:
Have uninstalled steam and coutnerstrike and installed them again.
then want to join without any changes only with standard started counterstrike and i have the same error ^^
[ Edited Wed Jun 28 2006, 08:54PM ]
So
i had contact with valve support for a week
we searched for the reason of the problem
i tell you the reason maybe when another have this problem then he knows what it can be.
we tested various things and at the end (router settings, irq conflict graphic card and soundcard, software firewall settings etc are all right) we found (or valve found) the problem.
Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 ^^
this does a conflict with my counterstrike.
i uninstalled now Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 and installed the normal version 6 and the problem is fixed.
LOL
stupid thing :D
The problem here is the IE7 Beta. Since it's still considered a beta, the assholes at Steam won't support it. If you look at the "Friends' List Beta Troubleshooting" page (the blog where they are documenting the bugs, etc), they talk about how IE7 is causing crashes, and they won't fix it because IE7 is a beta so they "don't support it" aka they are lazy.
I have the same problem. And I'm not gonna go back to IE6 because who knows who will use my computer and go to stupid sites. I don't want some retard using IE on my computer, and then having to let them use an even more insecure IE, so I'm keeping IE7.
[ Edited Wed Aug 16 2006, 11:42PM ]
>:0 stupid IE!
I would imediately kick it from my computer when so much programs wouldnt need it >:(
Ill go back to IE6; I have the same prob
Please log in to post replies.