kz_xj_communtyblock, listen to the community!

Started by raver mapper
30/10/2008 00:19
Page 2 of 3
PsYxOpAt mapper30/10/2008 11:43(edited 30/10/2008 11:54)

make the map in mountain or something like that i think it will by more cool

EDIT:raver why don`t you search in sllackers maybe you will find how can you fix problems with the map

NumB30/10/2008 13:02

Originally posted by FragMcCracken
the jump to the ladder is much too hard imo...i am a leftstrafer
and...if i remember right, it was forbidden to create bhops (second or third block)


Agree! Bhops are forbidden but there are 2-3 blocks where func_door is used as bhop.

1 little suggestion. But first - don't start some bla-bla-bla cuz of my fps - will buy new computer soon anyway. But! There was a thread where I mantuned that the more non-worldspawn entities are on the map - the lower fps are. I had uber low fpses there, but it's not the point. The point is that if jumper with good pc on normal map had 99fps here he will have about 70-90 fps. So I'm suggesting to replace surfs with something else.

FailED`30/10/2008 13:28(edited 30/10/2008 13:29)


Some inivis walls to get rid of big s/c's if there are any.

Fire

Dont do that, if there is problem with one sc (from the white thing), just move it, I hate invis walls (I would also prefer the block with it to be remade :I)

Fliborecord holder Tournament #230/10/2008 14:09

Originally posted by NumB
Originally posted by FragMcCracken
the jump to the ladder is much too hard imo...i am a leftstrafer
and...if i remember right, it was forbidden to create bhops (second or third block)


Agree! Bhops are forbidden but there are 2-3 blocks where func_door is used as bhop.

1 little suggestion. But first - don't start some bla-bla-bla cuz of my fps - will buy new computer soon anyway. But! There was a thread where I mantuned that the more non-worldspawn entities are on the map - the lower fps are. I had uber low fpses there, but it's not the point. The point is that if jumper with good pc on normal map had 99fps here he will have about 70-90 fps. So I'm suggesting to replace surfs with something else.



Replace surfs? What? :E

The invisible water was kinda gay, make it like in kz_man_ultrablock or so :/

Gargoyle30/10/2008 14:20

Splitting up the map to 3-4 different maps isn't a good idea.
I agree with chosen, remember the main purpose and that is the communityblock. Some map will be picked as favorite and others not so much.
Solution could be that you could set up 3-5 different routes to complete the map. So anyone could have the oppourtunity to pick their own route and everyone would be happy. The four seasons idea could work for this route solution aswell, four routes four seasons. What does the audience think?

PS. Sorry if I'm not the first one to purpose this, didn't have time to read all the comments in the forum thread.

mYmqONE30/10/2008 15:01

yeah would be kool to have 4 different ways like
kz_xj_communityblock[spring]
kz_xj_communityblock[summer]
kz_xj_communityblock[autumn]
kz_xj_communityblock[winter]

maetz30/10/2008 15:05

Hello :)

Hmm. In clairs block you can jump on top of the invisible wall and skip 5-6 jumps or so. I'm sitting at a laptop atm so I can't post a picture, but if you don't understand where I mean, just tell me and I'll post a picture later.

And I have the same problem as Murvelman and mentaL_o with the credits, you wrote "maetzblock" instead of just "maetz" :P

Anyways, I was wondering if teleporters use lots of resources? If they do, it could be an idea to remove/remake some of the blocks/jumps with teleporters.

As others said, I think some blocks were too hard, i.e. Chrizzys block. And I don't know about you guys, but I found the last jump on Murvelmans block really hard. :( (The jump-around-the-left-corner jump)

Originally posted by PrEn1uMz
an idea to reduce texture:
there is 49 parts in it, so 49 personnal texture.

Why don't you use 26 texture (a-z) and write mapper's name with it then you will use more texture for the whole map.


It's a nice idea, but there will be some more characters to use, like _ ^ ` etc .. but it will probably be less textures anyways :)

Originally posted by Gargoyle
Splitting up the map to 3-4 different maps isn't a good idea.
I agree with chosen, remember the main purpose and that is the communityblock. Some map will be picked as favorite and others not so much.


I agree with you on this. :)

Originally posted by Gargoyle
Solution could be that you could set up 3-5 different routes to complete the map. So anyone could have the oppourtunity to pick their own route and everyone would be happy. The four seasons idea could work for this route solution aswell, four routes four seasons. What does the audience think?


It's a great idea for a map, but I doubt it is so easy to do with this one, when the map has fps problems, with like two textures! Doing it properly could make up a beatiful map, but this one can't use too much resources..

I also have to say that I agree with Flibo on the invisible-water-subject. If you make a health-button, you can remove the water etc and this won't be a problem anymore. :)

Anyways, the map and the idea of it is awesome! Well done so far everyone :)

Ewoud30/10/2008 15:06

i don´t think chrizzys block is too hard, there´s only 1 jump, one of the last jumps which is really too hard.

wRath` mapper30/10/2008 16:44

I think there is one lame jump on Frag's part, there is a ladder with a slanted roof. The thing is, if you climb up the ladder to fast, and hit the slanted roof, you slide off and fall all the way down. That sucks!

Also the water in Shizuka and SadPuppy's part looks really ugly. And the invisible water is maybe a little dumb, doesn't matter that much.

The part about ugly textures, I think it is only lame because it removes some of the themes on some blocks.
Like Radon's, that stuff doesn't look like it was meant to be tree, same with Licoti's part.
If you can't use many textures, at least have a different texture for the top of the blocks, will look a little better then.

rhoiswar30/10/2008 19:06

just wanted to say good job to raver for making this happen

Fliborecord holder Tournament #230/10/2008 19:30

Splitting this map would be a massive disappointment for me :E It just feels great finishing a 50min map. Also splitting would mean 2 maps to record, and they're both almost the same.

Murvelman30/10/2008 20:10(edited 31/10/2008 04:25)

Originally posted by maetz
As others said, I think some blocks were too hard, i.e. Chrizzys block. And I don't know about you guys, but I found the last jump on Murvelmans block really hard. :( (The jump-around-the-left-corner jump)

That jump is stupid sorry :(
You can skip it by jumping directly to the last block from one of the blocks before though.

Originally posted by wRath`
I think there is one lame jump on Frag's part, there is a ladder with a slanted roof. The thing is, if you climb up the ladder to fast, and hit the slanted roof, you slide off and fall all the way down. That sucks!

Just go safe and slow :D (or do the sc which skips the ladder)

Originally posted by wRath`
Also the water in Shizuka and SadPuppy's part looks really ugly.

I thought the water texture were really nice, but i guess people have different opinions :D

NeMiQ2230/10/2008 21:23

I have found bug on maegnus's block. It's easy to get stucked on one slide wall. Here is screenshot http://img60.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kzxjcommunityblock0000ee1.png and here is demo http://www.sendspace.com/file/5dfabr if you don't understand. I don't know if it's worth to fix but posted it nevertheless.

FLR30/10/2008 21:38

well, the duck thingy in clairs part is buggy. Got stuck in the wall several times.

mdq31/10/2008 09:07

I think use some funny pictures around the map would be nice to relax a little

just that when Im a map as long as this sometimes I need to watch something distracting

midian31/10/2008 09:29

I don't like the idea of splitting the map, it's cool to have such a big map! Just fix some bugs, and make the very hard jumps a bit easier. And maybe there are some other minor things to change.

Nekso31/10/2008 12:59(edited 31/10/2008 12:59)

Originally posted by raver
there wont be 2 maps, or a ez and hard version. Blocks/jumps will get fixed, or removed.


it wont get split.
so stop suggesting that, and try to help a lil. :)
kthxbye/

pontus :)01/11/2008 02:35

Chrizzy made the hardest block, or tbh the only block i actually failed several times at, took me 52 minutes and 41 sec to finish this map.

xPaw mapper01/11/2008 10:39

some sc's saving 1-2 seconds each
http://i37.tinypic.com/2v2tc28.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/drbjth.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/2586sqx.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/zus4s0.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/mm6fyq.jpg

raver mapper01/11/2008 12:46

Originally posted by xPaw ;)
some sc's saving 1-2 seconds each
http://i37.tinypic.com/2v2tc28.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/drbjth.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/2586sqx.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/zus4s0.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/mm6fyq.jpg


Did you even tried the last one? That one isnt possible due the height.

Page 2 of 3

Please log in to post replies.