Jb ground distance question.

Started by NumB
30/10/2008 13:14
Page 1 of 1
NumB30/10/2008 13:14

First I think that it is the best topic for this kind of thread - didn't knew a better place to post this.

Anyway, as some of us know for successful JumpBug we need to be 0-4 units above the ground. At least eDark said like that. I was creating a JumpBug trainer plugin, and found out that it's actually a bit more than 0-4 units.

How I scripted in plugin:


Before player movement got his coordinates and started scaning 41 units lower (74/2+4) to check is player near the ground and does it hit that 0-4 units to detect ability of jb.



How ever I was amazed that while testing I made jb and 41 unit lower scaning didn't hit the ground. In other words - it's not 0-4 units from the ground... Dunno what are the numbers and now am asking hl-engine knowers (like eDark) to say what are those numbers.

Grrr30/10/2008 14:31

I asked what is the correct distance above the ground for making JB.. but no 1 answered me :/
+1

mdq31/10/2008 08:52(edited 31/10/2008 08:53)

Originally posted by NumB
JumpBug trainer plugin


Nice! waiting for it!

ich

I'v make an jb from a 2 hp dmg fall (two green boxes) at first try I think that's the easyest way

spr1n mapper31/10/2008 09:56

when making jb with Jump Bug Stats (by Newbie) enabled I get "Duck released at" 18.1 - 19.6 units interval

zyllEE31/10/2008 09:59

Originally posted by spr1n
when making jb with Jump Bug Stats (by Newbie) enabled I get "Duck released at" 18.1 - 19.6 units interval


I do it between 15 and 25 :o

spr1n mapper31/10/2008 10:20(edited 31/10/2008 10:21)

Originally posted by zyllEE
Originally posted by spr1n
when making jb with Jump Bug Stats (by Newbie) enabled I get "Duck released at" 18.1 - 19.6 units interval


I do it between 15 and 25 :o


thats very wierd. I like doing jbs and whole year using those jbstats havent made any jb outside that range

Skizo_record holder31/10/2008 11:00

i dont know my distance on smk_hnseu_suicide
i think how 73xx units and duck relase dunno :D
i dont have jb plugin :SD

NumB01/11/2008 14:59

Originally posted by spr1n
when making jb with Jump Bug Stats (by Newbie) enabled I get "Duck released at" 18.1 - 19.6 units interval

That plugin counts distance from your legs to the ground when you are ducked (I think) (so anyway it's not right). And is bugged also - it absolutelly never showed me that I did jb... Probably cuz I'm scrolling mwheel insted of pressing space... Anyway - point is - it's uber bugged and ranking mod is stupid (by units... when you reach 2000speed it doesn't matter how much more down you'll fall, cuz challenge level is already 100% difficult).

Pff... Later will create a plugin what will scan all jb abilities in 0.00001 currection... Afterwards also will have 2 scan below ground, cuz it's still possible 2 move when you are under it... <3 hl engine...

spr1n mapper01/11/2008 16:00

Originally posted by NumB
...And is bugged also - it absolutelly never showed me that I did jb... Probably cuz I'm scrolling mwheel insted of pressing space...

works both for space and wheel - tested
but i noticed that users who have fps drops (sometimes) or just low fps dont get detected by it.

Originally posted by NumB
...and ranking mod is stupid (by units... when you reach 2000speed it doesn't matter how much more down you'll fall, cuz challenge level is already 100% difficult).

agree! +server crashes sometimes coz of that top (at least older version does)


but anyway question was about Jb ground distance, and my point is that i get constant ~1.5 units interval of some height while doing jbs, so i was hoping that could help you somehow.

lonewolf VIP01/11/2008 16:01

have made with 21 with this newbie's plugin.

--

waiting for this plugin numb.

spr1n mapper01/11/2008 16:10

Originally posted by zyllEE
I do it between 15 and 25 :o

Originally posted by ikm
have made with 21 with this newbie's plugin.


I have older modified version, that might be the reason.
and for a year me and my friends never got different interval, on my server at least =) i did 1k+ jbs myself in there, so i kinda trust those stats, in some way.

Grrr01/11/2008 20:49

maybe this distance varies on u/s vertical speed ?! (cuz u can't catch JB frame everytime) O.o

raver mapper01/11/2008 21:07

zyllEE told me its not 4 units but around 20-+

KaerN01/11/2008 23:21

12-15

NumB02/11/2008 13:09

Originally posted by IchWill
maybe this distance varies on u/s vertical speed ?! (cuz u can't catch JB frame everytime) O.o

Yes. You really cannot catch jb everytime - and my beta jb trainer plugin proves it.

Originally posted by raver
zyllEE told me its not 4 units but around 20-+

Originally posted by robind2
12-15

That plugin is bugged. I have created a plugin what says ability of making jb with data change in 0.00001 units. I was shocked by the results and additional information of it. Before saing what datas plugin returned me I need to disscuss it with eDark, cuz information is enough weird to think that it cannot be true (but plugin says opposed).

For now can say that it's less than originally thought 4 units.

akkord mapper02/11/2008 13:16

its 1 unit

mdq03/11/2008 10:46

numb can you submit some beta v from the jb trainer??? ^^

NumB03/11/2008 10:55

Not yet. Actually it works but sometimes it doesn't detect jb, cuz distance from the ground on what you can jb is a bit bigger than special plugin can calculate (and I have no idea how to hook it)... Probably today it will be done.

veer03/11/2008 13:42

DO IT.

NumB03/11/2008 13:45(edited 03/11/2008 14:15)

Jump-Bug Trainer Plugin finished & submited. Waiting for bug reports/suggestions. =)

Gl & hf. =)

P.S. Normal jb distance is 2.0 units (0.03125 of them are below the ground). But when you are falling down thise numbers rise up and I dunno the calculation how to get them... =P

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.