campath tutorial!

Started by boom.dll
02/11/2008 15:33
Page 2 of 3
level2 16/11/2008 11:27

Didnt help :(

FLR12/12/2008 09:39

Really useful. GJ, 5/5.

boom.dll12/12/2008 13:01

hmm... its kinda weird that for some it works and for some it doesnt :S...

WHAT U NEED BEFORE WATCHING THIS TUTORIAL :
1. hlae (half-life advanced effects - includes mirv demo tool)
2. steam + cs (mirv only works with steam cs ... theres a non-steam version but i`ve never tried it...i suppose it does the same things as this one...)
3. a demo that can be viewed using the command VIEWDEMO (it wont work if u dont have the demoplayer available...)

last but not least : patience, and try to go thru the tutorial one step at a time...

PS: u can find hlae here ---> http://hhg-clan.de/hlae/download.php#hlae


GL with future projects :)

kaynerecord holder12/12/2008 15:36(edited 13/12/2008 05:02)

Sometimes I can't find the person ;/
have to restart like 10000 times

Edit: Now I found out that when I've made campaths, and pressed "Goto" and typed spec_autodirector 1 in console, and played it..

It won't follow the campaths.

Don't know how to say it :/

Nem03/02/2009 13:14

if that posibble with non steam?

st0ka03/02/2009 19:38

Originally posted by N31M1zZz
if that posibble with non steam?

Right-click on the CS icon -> Properties -> Add " -demoedit" to Target (without ").

VaLoS04/02/2009 10:58

It was very useful for me :) Thank you i give 5/5 with pleasure ;)

sitdown!26/02/2009 07:16

Nice ! TY =))

capuT28/02/2009 12:42

it doesnt show the player, even when i type in mirv_fixforcehltv 1... :<

Nem01/03/2009 20:20

caput you need to watch it with mirv demo tool

capuT02/03/2009 19:08

I know, and i've done it, but...
i see how the bhop blocks going down, but not the jumpers. I hear the sounds and everything... just the goddamn player is hiding from me :<

.c1Rca07/03/2009 17:28

capuT same problem :O

KEk307/03/2009 18:16

Same here, models are invisble :/

V0ncH...08/03/2009 21:35

Originally posted by kayne
Sometimes I can't find the person ;/
have to restart like 10000 times

Edit: Now I found out that when I've made campaths, and pressed "Goto" and typed spec_autodirector 1 in console, and played it..

It won't follow the campaths.

Don't know how to say it :/



I have the EXACT same problem

kaynerecord holder08/03/2009 22:17

Originally posted by V0ncH.akz0
Originally posted by kayne
Sometimes I can't find the person ;/
have to restart like 10000 times

Edit: Now I found out that when I've made campaths, and pressed "Goto" and typed spec_autodirector 1 in console, and played it..

It won't follow the campaths.

Don't know how to say it :/



I have the EXACT same problem



I fixed this by writing spec_autodirector 1 before pressing goto, I think ^^

pheil22/03/2009 16:00

Originally posted by level2 #cC
i did everything that showed - when i pressed GOTO at first campath he tele me to it , then i did as you - got few frames back and pressed play , but the camera didnt move :( it just stand still , but i see that campaths are changing during the time . I tryed it 4 times and looked very carefully but it still dont work (

i got the same problem. nothing works after GOTO at first campath.
have tried everything. :(

boom.dll22/03/2009 16:19

after u set up ur campaths, try using this bind :

bind "f1" "spec_autodirector 1;spec_mode 3"

then press play.

st0ka22/03/2009 17:07

Or as I do:
1. Press "Go to" to go to your first campath position.
2. In the time control click the button which moves the current time one frame backwards.
3. When you do this type in console "escape;dem_pause 0;startmovie blabla;

This way your autodirector settings won't be messed up. :>

Trolis28/04/2010 23:03(edited 28/04/2010 23:37)

*bumping the oldest thread in this forum*

I've tried everything what you guys wrote here, but campaths isnt working, camera just stays in one place, and thats all, no movement at all... What I can do mpre. (without that "spec_autodirector 1;spec_mode 3" and escape thingy, cuz it doesnt work.) K NVM BIND ON PAUSE 0 HELPD, AND MANY ATEMPTS OFC.

Now I've got another problem, when I push mirv_recordmovie_start bind, Counter-Strike appears on taskbar, and everything stops, Counter-Strike get's a not-responding sign, while HLAE just freezes on whitescreen. Same thing with recordmovie [name] [fps]

BTW: Pictures doesnt appear

vladnike29/04/2010 08:35(edited 29/04/2010 08:36)

@Trolis for the hlae problem..download last version of hlae..i had this problem too with the campath problem...after you have done all the waypoints and so far, you write in console "spec_autodirector 1" and play 4-5 frames back...
and for others who can't see the player just write in console "cl_minmodels 1/0" and make the demos on lan...;);)

Page 2 of 3

Please log in to post replies.