DCJ or CJ with standup?

Started by Pjevs - tfw.kz
09/11/2008 17:34
Page 1 of 1
Pjevs - tfw.kz09/11/2008 17:34

Hey xj'ers

I know that it is easyer to bhop longer with standup. Why isnt it easyer to cj standup longer then, if it isnt? "kinda" like same prestrafe.
I know it will bring more "luck" in to cj, but with a perfekt standup wouldn't the cj be around 3 units "longer"?

NumB09/11/2008 17:51

Good question. First of all with multi-cj it's possible to get more prestrafe power. Than in normal cj (with standup cj it can give only about +2u/s to pre).

Now some things about hl engine.
Why with standup bhop you jump higher?:
Cuz after pressing jump-key while being on ground pev (private engine variable) fuser2 (if I'm right) is set to 1.0 (100%). That means that if you'll touch the ground with fuser2 being 1.0 - you'll instantly stop (no slide). After pressing jump while being on ground this var is set to 1.0 as I said higher and is lowering down in time. Making standup bhop you are using more time so this variable gets lower. It works not only for slowdown, but also for how high you jump. The lower var is - the higher you jump.

Now why there is no unit difference if you are making standup cj or normal cj with the same pre?: Answer is simple - cuz you didn't press jumpkey before and you'r fuser2 didn't set up to 100%.

Understood? =)

Pjevs - tfw.kz09/11/2008 20:30

Thx numb, very nice xplayned! :D
Totaly understooded :P

Pulsar!10/11/2008 05:08

Is the jump height with cj and cj_with_stand_up the same ?

NumB10/11/2008 11:00

Yes, cuz before standup you didn't press your jump-key.

lonewolf VIP10/11/2008 11:03

why with standup with 299 pre we jump less than 275 pre with normal jump?

NumB10/11/2008 11:41(edited 10/11/2008 11:42)

Cuz fuser2 isn't 0.0 so you don't jump that high as you would with fuser2 being 0.0. And cuz you don't jump that high - your time in air is lower.

.:Havok:.02/12/2008 19:03(edited 03/12/2008 21:50)

So is that plugin bug because i did something like stand up count jump at plugin (dont know name but it shows height) showed me:

CJ Height: 62.99993

Ofcourse my jump wasn't long because i'm so bad at cj and while using this on normal cj non MCJ thats so hard to get good pre because after duck jump on scroll you have to do same thing like in bhop stand up so when u fly with duck u cant get speed.

THAT'S EASY!

cC|SpiNe02/12/2008 19:04

I find it a lot easier on bn_tombhop

rainbowcyan03/12/2008 01:31

I'm sorry I'm poor at English
But what is standup ? - -b

rainbowcyan04/12/2008 12:24

ah,I knew,thx

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.