Something wrong with my strafes :O

Started by SLOWLLY
14/11/2008 00:01
Page 1 of 1
SLOWLLY14/11/2008 00:01(edited 14/11/2008 00:02)

Hmm, I noticed I was doing high stats with low maxspeed...
I used to jump better to the left side a week ago, but I got no sync atm.

aa 10; gravity 800; sidespeed 400; yawspeed 210

I'm doing 250 stats with 320 maxspeed to the right and 245 (+/-) to the left with 325+

I also have a CJ demo, but I really can't do CJ, idk why :x
I jump 5/7/9 strafes to the left and 6/8 to the right.

I'm waiting any suggestion to jump better.

LJ (right):
http://www.box.net/shared/static/9hrve0k68a.dem

LJ (left):
http://www.box.net/shared/static/eb998a1szg.dem

CJ (left)
http://www.box.net/shared/static/j3gface1cn.dem

I hope you explain that maxspeed-distance "relation" and give suggestions so I can improve my jumps :D

Thanks in advance.

NOEL14/11/2008 01:49(edited 14/11/2008 01:52)

There's like 500 of these threads. Anyway, maxspeed isn't as important as u may think.. for instance i made this today:
Distance: 253.929672 MaxSpeed: 340.021942 (64.007) PreStrafe: 276.014678 Strafes: 8 Sync: 88.

The reason i didn't do an uber distance (compared to some of the 255 block jumps) is probably because of the timing on my duck, maybe i jumped - cant find the word - a little to much to one the sides (which obviously kills some of the distance) etc etc.

i would suggest you to just practise both pre's, ofc having one favorite, just so if you have to do an A pre, you wont get totally toasted.
seriously though, start kz'ing, lj'ers fame is gone :/
also, about cj'ing.. just look at some videos on youtube, practise, and some day you'll do it.
good luck

SLOWLLY14/11/2008 15:38

Originally posted by NOEL!
There's like 500 of these threads. Anyway, maxspeed isn't as important as u may think.. for instance i made this today:
Distance: 253.929672 MaxSpeed: 340.021942 (64.007) PreStrafe: 276.014678 Strafes: 8 Sync: 88.

The reason i didn't do an uber distance (compared to some of the 255 block jumps) is probably because of the timing on my duck, maybe i jumped - cant find the word - a little to much to one the sides (which obviously kills some of the distance) etc etc.

i would suggest you to just practise both pre's, ofc having one favorite, just so if you have to do an A pre, you wont get totally toasted.
seriously though, start kz'ing, lj'ers fame is gone :/
also, about cj'ing.. just look at some videos on youtube, practise, and some day you'll do it.
good luck

Nice stats btw :D

Gonna practise more and who knows, start KZ'ing ...

Look, if you have seen my lj to the right, should I open all the strafes or just open more the first strafe?

c-walker`14/11/2008 15:59

If u wanna improve ur lj skills, just play bhop for 2-3 days (w/o ljing ofc) and then see the results urself. Helps me everytime I lose lj skills.

SLOWLLY14/11/2008 16:35

Originally posted by C-WaLKeR`
If u wanna improve ur lj skills, just play bhop for 2-3 days (w/o ljing ofc) and then see the results urself. Helps me everytime I lose lj skills.

One of my friends said the same...

Thanks you both :D

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.