Encoding problems
Hey guys I have a problem I cannot solve by myself so I'm looking for some help. :/ Some months ago I replaced my codecs with newer (k-lite mega codec pack) and ever since then I have problems when it comes to encoding. I guess it affects all kind of encoding types since I've tried wmv9 and x264. The output files both looked like crap. I'm not really sure whether the codecs cause this problem or something else but I really hope someone had a similar problem and managed to solve it. Google doesn't seem to help either. I updated my graphic cards drivers to their newer version but the problem still exists. Also since my suspisions fall on the codecs could you please send me a codec pack that actually works with your settings/encoded footage (basically people who both encode and watch videos). I somehow think that k-lite isn't really the best codec pack because it has way too much stuff than you actually need but anyways I'm waiting for a reply. :/ Thank you!
well... i use k-lite codec pack... and look @ my videos :/
i`m pretty pleased with the result... the only problem with encoding i`ve been having lately is the time it takes to render... and that problem was solved by reinstalling windows... dunno what else to tell u really...
did u try rendering x264 from vegas? cause that sucks as far as i know...
have u tried xvid/divx?
Lol boom that's one pretty damn quick reply :D. Well I always render x264 in MeGUI. Didn't try xvid/divx cuz I mainly use wmv9 (testrenders) and x264 (final output). I'm using latest k-lite mega codec pack. I also tried with latest CCCP codec pack but same thing occurred... Also gave a try to wnidows xp pack or something I don't remember it's exact name but it didn't work as well. I've been experiencing this problem for about 2 months or something and I'm pretty much tired of it so I guess the final step isn't really far- reinstalling windows but I wanted to ask here to be sure there's nothing I can do and to be honest I'm kinda lazy to install every program I have all over again (perhaps cuz I'm using tons of programs >_>).
wtf :/ but in megui u must use an avi full frames uncompressed for uber quality... not wmv...
you should give .avi a chance... :S
download ffdshow.!
or have I totally missunderstood u ;p
haha boom don't get me wrong :D I know how to encode my movies. I always use full frames uncompressed .avi as an input file. I know how to pick the right settings it's just that the output rendered file isn't the same as it should be or at least as it used to be before. I don't really know what went wrong. Psh told me it showed him some kind of encoding error or something which as far as I know is caused by the codecs but changing them doesn't seem to fix the problem. :/
BAEVERN^ ye kind of :> ffdshow is a decoder and my problems are in the encoding part :)
Guys if you have an old installation of k-lite or something on your PC can you upload it for me. All I can dl is the newest versions of the packs and I used an older k-lite which was fine. Thanks in advance!
I have quite the same problem - i have k-lite codec pack too and when im rendering video with wmv9 some parts of the video might look in bad-average quality and i cant do anything about it . Its strange coz for example out of 7 jump which i rendered - 6 is in a good quality and 1 is always worse then others and i cant do anything about it :( Dont know whats the problem too but thats really weird - i had this problem recently and i havent updated my codec pack , i mean i made movies with good quality and everything was ok , until i started new project and this problem occured :(
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8jgcqy there you go st0ka <3
Thanks boom <3 I installed it and will put something to render during the night. I'll see what I've got in the morning.:) Hope it's fine.
ooww sorry st0ka ! ;>
Can I ask what ure rendering ? :D
(sambb - Flying Steps) >;;>;
Nah not yet but soon I will. :) Testrenders are essential for me when it comes to fixing timing and effects and this problem is really slowing me down. :|
Sorry for double posting but changing the codecs didn't work. I guess I gotta wait for my new PC. :| Thanks for the help guys! (boom<3)
When you installed CCCP did you make sure to uninstall K-lite?
Also, when you get your new computer, make sure to stay away from the piece of crap that is K-lite and install ONLY the latest CCCP. I like to use MPC.
Ye when I install some kind of codec package I always make sure to uninstall previous ones running on my PC. I guess I'll follow your advice. K-Lite installs way too much stuff that I kinda doubt is necessary since you can play most movies with 3-4 decoders. :/
http://alldrives.ge/main/linkform.php?f=174736702f369074 <----- avi(x264)tuts
Originally posted by st0kaSorry for double posting but changing the codecs didn't work. I guess I gotta wait for my new PC. :| Thanks for the help guys! (boom<3)
lol u guys change pc's like socks :|
my muvimakin skills are close to 0 but i have good quality after the final rendering from vegas ,
coud you post a testvideo that in youre opinion sucks ?
Please log in to post replies.