how to upload .bsp without need to upload .wa

Started by citizenx
01/12/2008 21:49
Page 1 of 1
citizenx01/12/2008 21:49

I have a problem... During making my maps I usually use several .wad files...
when I compile map, and want to spread it, I must upload that several .wad files with .bsp file...
I have a question:
how can I share only .bsp file, but the persons who want to play my map don't have error "you don't have xxx.wad"

I know this is possibile because when I download some kz maps, they are not have wad .files in itlself

I hope U guys understand me...because of my bad english

Ever1x01/12/2008 21:54

You ever tried to search in google?
Look for including wad in bsp...

Pieshels mapper02/12/2008 00:15

at csg_exe on your compiler add -nowadtextures to your parameters

it should look like this:

"$path\$file -nowadtextures"

ALFRED ftw!02/12/2008 02:07

you can also include the wad by going to csg.exe and write this: -wadinclude yourwadname

"yourwadname" is the name on your wad file you want to be included in the bsp, and write it without ""

Don't use more than 8, valve hammer cant handle all these wads.

ALFRED ftw!02/12/2008 02:10

so it will look like this if ur was for example is named "1.wad"
$path\$file -wadinclude 1
you u want to add more wad files (remember the 8-rule)
then u do the same, for example "wad1" and "wad2" is ur wad files.
Then you write so it looks like this:
$path\$file -wadinclude wad1 -wadinclude wad2

it important NOT to write .wad after ur file, else it will not work.

I hope it was not too advanced to understand? xD

citizenx02/12/2008 07:55(edited 02/12/2008 07:56)

thank You guys so much...I was looking the answers on google, and realize that command -nowadtextures import ALL textures in .bsp, but -wadinclude iimports only textures I've been using, which is in my case better :)
ALFRED ftw! thanks on good explanation, finally I figgured it out :)
my map is almost finish...only to make banner...Does any1 know hot to write text in wally_155b
I can't find text tool anywhere, and can't find on google :(

dEMolite mapper02/12/2008 09:00

best freeware tool for it is GIMP.

open a new workspace in GIMP. Write your text. save it as a tga,bmp,jpg or what ever.
And import it into your custom made wadfile in wally.

You can also use Paint, Paintshop or even Photoshop for it.

citizenx02/12/2008 10:20

I made banner in photoshop...then I went to wally, open, insert my banner.jpeg and when I want to save, there is no option that I can save like banner.wad (only jpeg extension is allowed)
I tried with command "export' and wally gives me several extensiones, but not .wad, which I want :S

link

dEMolite mapper02/12/2008 10:34

no export

File New(for a new wadfile) or File Open (for a already excisting wadifle)

File New:
Typ select here: Half-Life Package [wad3] (.wad)
Press okay.

Now move your jpg file in the bright brown window.
Finished now you will see a new picture in the bright brown window.


File New:
Select your wadfile and press okay.
Now move your jpg into the bright brown window.
Finished now you will see a new picture in the bright brown window.

citizenx02/12/2008 11:22(edited 02/12/2008 11:22)

thank You very much dEMolite, I made it now :)
I have 2 more questions and I promisse I won't be boring, at least not soon :)
I have finished my first aim map, but now I want to

1.disable buying (because there is 2 awps on the middle of the map, and it would make no sence if someone over 5000$ can buy awp
2.and I want to know how to disable xj_listenserver on my map (I instaled xj_listenserver long time ago, because I often play kz maps in offline mod)...
I know this is possibile because when I play de_dust 2 when I want to save position, it only say /cp, but actually do not save position :)
I hope U understand me :)

dEMolite mapper02/12/2008 11:57

1. info_map_parameters
Weapon Buying: Neither CT’s nor T’s can buy guns

2. dunno because didnt played the standard maps on lan

n0ztic10/06/2010 13:52(edited 10/06/2010 13:55)

I haven't read any of the other comments, so I'm probably repeating someone, but in the csg advanced compiling options, write either -wadinclude wadname.wad or -nowadtextures.

edit: about the listenserver, just delete the amxx files in the plugins folder and the sma files in the scripting folder and/or put a ; in front of the plugins in the 3rd party plugin section in the plugins.ini in the folder "configs". all of this is of course in cstrike -> addons -> amxmodx.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.