ptz_industrial?

Started by puppetz mapper
05/12/2008 18:21
Page 1 of 1
puppetz mapper05/12/2008 18:21(edited 05/12/2008 18:27)

Yo, been working on some map for like half a year now, on and off. The past many months (since my first map got released) I haven't really been active at mapping, so it has been moving slowly. :P

Well, just wanted to show you this map. Would be great with some feedback, and if you find bugs or something like that, please enlighten me, and I'll see what I can do. Also, I need a better, and more original name for it, so if you got any suggestions, bring 'em on!

There's no pictures, you're just gonna have to download it, if you even want to see it. I know, it's hard work.

The map is very short, and I don't know if I will submit it, or build more stuff on it, but as it looks now, it could possibly just be added at random servers where people could have fun with it.
- But please don't do that so far, there might be some stuff that needs to be changed.

Posts longer than 5 words are more than welcome!

Sendspace: http://www.sendspace.com/file/jjuxmd

xPaw mapper05/12/2008 18:24(edited 05/12/2008 18:25)

dling... going edit this post in 15min... :D

EDIT1: reupload the map please to other host :E

puppetz mapper05/12/2008 18:28

Done, edited my post.

xPaw mapper05/12/2008 18:35(edited 05/12/2008 18:53)

played map.. good map, you should continue it, found an null bug http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/081205/i7jmEy84gl.jpg


EDIT: sc - http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/081205/VGUuY2Wf5g.jpg

wRath` mapper05/12/2008 20:17

gj

Ovidiu Dumitru05/12/2008 21:44

ptz_(small)refinary?

The only bug that I found (beside the one from xPaw) is at the elevator. When it's going down (when it's still moving) if you press again that button, the sound willl go for ever... it won't stop.
Beside this, I can't say much, because it's really a small map.
The textures were nice (the ones from those boxes and from that red cabinet could be changed, because we have seen them so many times now... just an advice).
The atmosphere is great... while I was jumping I had the feeling of being inside in a real refinary.
My opinion... if you have time and want, you can give a try on expanding the map. I think at the end it will be an amazing map.
GL

puppetz mapper06/12/2008 19:26(edited 06/12/2008 23:28)

The speedyshare link was downloaded 23 times, and only 2 comments?! -_-

EDIT: @kzro`CyclopP:
I think the "elevator bug" is something you will find in every map with func_trains and buttons, I don't think it's fixable anyhow. Maybe I will try and expand the map furthermore, but the original idea was actually to create a small map that could be finished in around a minute or two. Thanks for your comment!

Dacca06/12/2008 20:14

Nice jumps and textures, but the map is waaaaay too short.


Null BUG

rainbowcyan07/12/2008 03:02

A simple map,I think most of players can finish it without checkpoint,but maybe we can find some trickjump.
I like the background and textures,hope you can carry on the map :)

kolobok07/12/2008 05:23

xmm.. gj Puppetz :)
Beautifull map for me :)

remake07/12/2008 16:38

reminds my favorite shooting map, as_oilrig. Very cool atmosphere. But IMO you should change some textures, or just edit them a bit, they look way too old :/

yYy.Je PR@BR@08/12/2008 17:34

Puppetz very nice map , just my favourite map... <3 , but very small:(
i have demo 1-41 xD

m0ver08/12/2008 18:18

Excellent map, but short. Nice job

puppetz mapper08/12/2008 19:52

Thanks for the comments, even though I'd like some more constructive critique.
I am not gonna change to newer textures, I'm using old textures on purpose, it gives the map a better feeling imo. :D

m0ver08/12/2008 22:55

My post contained more than 5 words so it is ok :D

On a constructive feedback, map was quite easy an because of its length I can't be any more constructive. Also, I dislike darker areas, lights FTW...

mtoboiii8000 mapper09/12/2008 12:28

add better light! maybe some colored lamps or some other sky! the light is too simple. textures are old (yes i know how you feel about textures)
The crate textures are the worst thing imo! Jumps are decent but too simple orso! Dunno. Could be better....

FLR09/12/2008 13:48

Another SC.

So far I think it looks great, but as others already said, try to find other textures :)

great work tho.

pontus :)09/12/2008 19:40

Really good map, i really enjoyed playing it, some places is too dark tho (you cant see the block, only black), i like the textures and everything :) GJ as always

DiDo-Grecord holder10/12/2008 10:34

cool map but I hate when I cant see :D

elITe^12/12/2008 15:08

I enjoyed jumping this map even though it was a bit too short. I would love to see a longer version of this map.

Keep mapping PuppetZ. You make nice maps :)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.