Useful Texture Tool

Started by FLR
08/12/2008 15:09
Page 1 of 1
FLR08/12/2008 15:09

Hi. I looked around in this forum, but I didn't find anything about this tool I've found on the internet.

It is a tool that makes your texture be "autoseamed". Well, what it means is that if your texture doesn't "repeat" with a good look ingame, this tool fixes that. Haven't tested it out yet. Hope it's useful.

Im sure that some of you already know about it, but some might not.

anyway, heres the link .

puppetz mapper11/12/2008 23:20

Well I only tried with one image, but I didn't manage to accomplish anything that was looking good with it, so it doesn't seem so useful for me. Maybe I don't really understand the purpose of it? I might try more later, but so far it doesn't seem like anything I'm missing.
If I want some random texture to tile, I'll edit it in Photoshop.

FLR11/12/2008 23:58(edited 11/12/2008 23:59)

I tested this tool and I managed to get a texture that did "continue" with a nice edge ingame. If you don't know what I mean I'll try to explain.

If you apply a original texture from halflife.wad on a long wall, it will "continue", repeat itself so that you won't see where the texture ends in X or Y. This program is supposed to fix an image that doesn't repeat itself to do just that.

Well, as I said, atleast I managed to get good looking textures, and they did not look good before.

If you try to save the image, it wont be tiled. Its just in the program, so you will see how it will repeat itself ingame.

ALFRED ftw!13/12/2008 22:03

awesome! it worked great for me, 10/5

FLR14/12/2008 16:06

Good, I'm glad it worked for you ALFRED ftw :)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.