W+ strafe effect @@

Started by alma'
15/12/2008 12:12
Page 1 of 1
alma'15/12/2008 12:12

Not sure if this is the correct place to post or not, here goes...

I'm having an issue when playing kz it feels like I'm using "W" + strafe when I move around or do bunny hops / longjumps. Feels like the old times where one use to hold "W" for every jump. I know that I'm not holding "W" but when I jump or strafe, I feel the effect is there and makes me feel weird..

Not sure if my explanation makes sense but it's kinda annoying when it happens most of the time. Could it be because of my settings or config ? or could it be because of my comp spec ?
Spec in general are : Shitty @@!
Processor : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz
L2 cache : 32KB
Memory : 512 MB
Mainboard : Foxconn P4M800P7MA

Graphics
Monitor : Plug and Play Monitor
Video card : RADEON 9250/9200 SERIES - Secondary
Refresh Rate 85Hz

Input
Mouse : Mx518
Keyboard : Standard 101/102-key (Samsung)

As you see the only expensive Item is the mouse lol, and the issue also makes me unable to jump properly. I use to be able to do 250 from time to time but now I can barely do 240 and am unable to do non-stop bhop.
I use the play at a Computer Shop which has a 10x better computer then the one I have.

Cs setting is pretty basic using the xj amxx plugin by fatalis
rate 20000
fps_max 101

Another theory is that it's the keyboard.

Feedback or Suggestions are welcome :)

GTFO XJ and Upgrade Comp? @@

VaLoS15/12/2008 15:23

cl_sidespeed 400
cl_forwardspeed 400
cl_backspeed 400 ?

Extract15/12/2008 16:36

Either too big strafes or something with your mouse :)

alma'16/12/2008 02:46

Originally posted by VaLoS
cl_sidespeed 400
cl_forwardspeed 400
cl_backspeed 400 ?

all setting are correct
Originally posted by Extract
Either too big strafes or something with your mouse :)

Pretty sure it's not the strafes or mouse problem @@

pontus :)16/12/2008 03:34

The keyboard might be fucked up? i had this trouble before, and sometimes still, make sure ur W, A and D button is working perfectly

ALFRED ftw!17/12/2008 22:57

Originally posted by pontus :)
The keyboard might be fucked up? i had this trouble before, and sometimes still, make sure ur W, A and D button is working perfectly

now i lol'd (again again)

mby he behaved like him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBVmfIUR1DA

r0fl18/12/2008 04:11(edited 18/12/2008 04:15)

sounds like ur having 60 fps (perhaps because of vsync)

open ur console and type "net graph 3" (no quotes) and tell your fps..

edit: nvm cant be vsync cuz ur not using nvidia.., but i still think its low fps.. its 72 at default once u install cs so check it

NOEL18/12/2008 04:24

Originally posted by r0fl
sounds like ur having 60 fps (perhaps because of vsync)

open ur console and type "net graph 3" (no quotes) and tell your fps..

edit: nvm cant be vsync cuz ur not using nvidia.., but i still think its low fps.. its 72 at default once u install cs so check it

+1 - you could also try to reinstall cs, my mate got somewhat the same problem, a reinstall fixed it for him.

Fire18/12/2008 04:44

fps will do it. lock this shiz.

stRunF30/12/2008 22:48

r u sure that the server has aa 10?
i experienced this too,but the server has 5 aa

alma'31/12/2008 03:59

er.. Lan game playing alone @@ using xj plugin so all setting should be correct right ?

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.