where I can find rmf files of kz maps?

Started by citizenx
16/12/2008 14:07
Page 1 of 1
citizenx16/12/2008 14:07

maybe sounds weird, but I figgured out that best way to learn how to make good maps is to actually see rmf files...
I don't want to bother you guys with a hundreds of questions like "how do you do that"...etc...I have made allready a couple maps...I know basic things about maping, and want to advance my skills

If you want I can upload some of my maps which are not that nice (textures, shadows, light_enviroment...), but tehnichly they are good and playible

I have no intention to copy or steal other ideas, but I want to see how You pro mappers use lighting, parameters, and a lot of stuff in which am interested...

If someone here read this and think he can help me, Ill be glad, because I REALLY want to advanced my skills faster then ussual, and am a hard worker too :)

cC|SpiNe16/12/2008 15:47

You'll have to contact the mapper I guess.

remake16/12/2008 17:22

Bsp2map is a program what i used for a long time. It will cut brushes and stuff, but usually you see all entities and other stuff that you need. Only for a big maps and maps, that bsp2map can't extract, contact mapper to ask for .rmf or .map file :)

dEMolite mapper16/12/2008 18:39

or use bspviewer with the clipping edges active. You can learn with it some technics too.

citizenx17/12/2008 09:38(edited 17/12/2008 09:39)

thanks guys, my oppinion is similar like Your's...
maybe stupid question but how I can use BSPTwoMAP...I suppose it has to be connected with valve hammer editor like ZHLT, but how?

remake17/12/2008 14:06(edited 17/12/2008 14:06)

There's different versions of this program. One is program that you can open and browse your map files. Other is, that i used too, is simple - just click on bsp, hold left-click down and put it on bsp2map, then it will extract it, but i have no idea what program do you use, maybe sb can help u.

citizenx17/12/2008 14:24

Thank You man, I put BSPTwoMAP.exe on my desktop and simply drag xxx.bsp, and now I have xxx.map :)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.