Image Disabled to Image Resized?

Started by dEMolite mapper
26/12/2008 05:07
Page 1 of 1
dEMolite mapper26/12/2008 05:07(edited 26/12/2008 05:07)

As far as i know the images were disabled because of breaking the layout.

Over the xmas days i fixed a snippet for a image resizer for an older e107 version, which is resizing the images, if the width is higher than the value is given for the resizer. If you press on the resized image, a new window will open with the original image.

Preview: http://demolite.climbers-germany.de/e107imageresize.jpg

If you want it i would give it exclusive to you.

cC|SpiNe26/12/2008 11:54

See no reason not to have this.

cC|Nikolaa26/12/2008 12:32

As far as I know the images were disabled with the same reason, the signatures were - having more pictures = increase the loading time.

Fliborecord holder Tournament #226/12/2008 13:53(edited 26/12/2008 13:53)

Originally posted by [ISL
MAx]
As far as I know the images were disabled with the same reason, the signatures were - having more pictures = increase the loading time.


What about animated avatars?

There wouldn't be so many additional pictures with this anyway. And people have pretty good internet connections nowadays.

cC|Nikolaa26/12/2008 15:28

Originally posted by Flibo
Originally posted by [ISL
MAx]
As far as I know the images were disabled with the same reason, the signatures were - having more pictures = increase the loading time.


What about animated avatars?

There wouldn't be so many additional pictures with this anyway. And people have pretty good internet connections nowadays.


About signatures: http://xtreme-jumps.eu/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?62518.post

And I don't know about the avatars (but still, one animated avatar can't cause big loading time like 4-5 pictures in the signature)

soul v2.0 mapper28/12/2008 18:29

The text on the page will load before the pictures anyway so I don't see any problem with having them, and this forum needs less monotonicity so pictures = good.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.