New graphic card, can't select in 3D vie

29/12/2008 11:20
Page 1 of 1
Chrizzy mapper Tournament #329/12/2008 11:20(edited 29/12/2008 11:21)

So i bought a new graphic card: ATI Radeon HD 4850.. And i got motivated to start mapping again last night, but when i started up hammer i couldn't select in 3D view and all the 2D views was really laggy.

So i read around in different forums and found out that i had to get an older version of the atioglxx.dll file, so i downloaded older drivers and tried different files, but they all either give me errors and some i can select in 3D view, but every view is REALLY laggy.

Anyone have any suggestion? Or files that does work for you?

Igge29/12/2008 14:55

If I remember right raver epxerienced this problem too during his 10man mapping project. I'm not sure if you got the same problem as him but his problem was caused by an ATI card too.
Heres the fix post: http://xtreme-jumps.eu/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?106346

Yea, i did read that.. I tried maybe 10 old drivers still don't work :/

elvis.record holder29/12/2008 16:55

Try changing your hammer options in "2D Views" and in "3D Views, I don't think it's laggy because of your graphic card, it's something else...

raver mapper29/12/2008 17:01(edited 29/12/2008 17:03)

Your problem: Ati drivers dont support older opengl versions. Hammer is using like 1.1 I think. Ati drivers only support opengl3.

If you got vista, here is a file that works. 3D view still lags with small to big maps.

PLEASE let me know if you found a sulution

* I got the same card *

Also, put "back clippign plane" and "Model render distance" to a low value. I gives less lagg. It isnt fun to map anymore :(

Chrizzy mapper Tournament #301/01/2009 15:30(edited 01/01/2009 15:31)

Seems like nothing will get it to work again ffs..

I'm thinking about using my old graphic card again.... But I'll get shit fps at every game then :X *hate ati* :( :( :(

liKo mapper06/01/2009 18:17

One tip... i found it on some forums, dont remember where...

tip: just when u want mapping, turn off your graphic card hardware acceleration

and i must say.. i hade same problem and only this tip solved my problem with 3D selection.. so i hope that help u2 :)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.