kz_shortcuts (?)

Started by Ryderc
02/01/2009 15:48
Page 1 of 1
Ryderc02/01/2009 15:48

Hi all, I have an idea since a long time ago.

Everybody like the shortcut, generaly more when they are very tricky, and not just a 260 longjump with uberstraff.

Well, why not made a map with a lot of shortcut ?

I heard the people who will said : Ho man, a lot of map have already a second way with shortcut, for exemple kz_dementia with the 250LJ.

But I think a simple longjump are not tricky, yes this is hard but not fun :(


Imagine, a map with a lot of landing, like the most part of _block.
And for every landing, we have a second way with a shortcut, and not just a Longjump but a very tricky and vicious jump.

Two exemples : http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scgm3.jpg

Ok this is uggly, but a good exemple, and I think the second SC can be more long with more straff, and with an high height.

Well, an other point, if for exemple we have 10 landing, we have 10 second way with sc, and if the first are rather easy, the fifth are hard, the seventh are really hard, and the last are almost impossible.

You understand me, the difficulty up with the landing to a really really hard level.

And a map without sc can take 7 min, and with all sc just one or two.
But take all sc are almost impossible of course :)

Well, the geek's tricks will be able to like this kind of map I think.

I if i'm not a mapper, I hope this "project" could interest somebody.

qweek02/01/2009 16:39

I've been thinking about this before too, that would pwn, or make a map with only de_ jumps, like the cbble jumps, nuke rock, inferno jumps and so on :p

Ryderc02/01/2009 16:42

But the de_ jump are too much know, today this is not fun to made the red rock jump :S

Remote02/01/2009 16:43

Originally posted by qweek
or make a map with only de_ jumps, like the cbble jumps, nuke rock, inferno jumps and so on :p

There's one map made this way, search TROUbl3m4k3R's map page for risk_standard. :)

qewi02/01/2009 17:36

Ryderc are you talking about using known scs from other maps and put them together as one single map or just make a completly new map with only alot of scs? Oo coz if youre talking about the second thing it would just be really weird.

Ryderc02/01/2009 18:12(edited 02/01/2009 18:32)

No no no, I talk about new sc, go look my paint, you can see a kind of jump who you have never see on de_ map :s


I explain again :

For exemple you start you landing, you see the block for made the "normal" way, or a door in a wall with a Big/hard/tricks jumps, who give a chance to made faster the landing.

Look : http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sc2xj8.jpg
You came on the landing, you make a choice: I take the SC or not ?

But we can probably use a teleport for take the shortcut, and if you made it, you are teleport on the next landing.

I don't know if I'm clear in my explanation :p

colix mapper02/01/2009 22:32

thats just stupid cuz who would take his/her time to make a rly long map and put a lot of scs on it just to make it doable faster?

Ryderc02/01/2009 23:55

This is maybe the short will be very hard ?

I said 15x that the shortcut are really tricky and difficult, this is not for nothing.

m0ver03/01/2009 00:58

Neat idea if I understood it correctly. So you want to have the choice: normal slow way or uber hard scs? And everytime you have a choice of shortcuts?

So it would be really hard to pass map with sc's and you can choose sc's depending on your skill?

Ryderc03/01/2009 01:14(edited 03/01/2009 01:23)

No, the first sc on the beginning of the map is easy, the last sc at the end of the map is uberhard.

And the sc's difficulty up when you advance on the map.


Exemple ( I love paint ) : http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sc3jq4.jpg

Grrr04/01/2009 20:26

+1 , some1 should make a map with only the jump of the uber SC on kz_man_dreaming, cuz I don't have enough fps to do it on the original map

Ryderc04/01/2009 22:24

I have the fps, but I do not arrive to script it :/

cheche27/01/2009 13:21

Originally posted by Ryderc
No, the first sc on the beginning of the map is easy, the last sc at the end of the map is uberhard.

And the sc's difficulty up when you advance on the map.


Exemple ( I love paint ) : http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sc3jq4.jpg


Who would do the last uber-sc?

Ryderc27/01/2009 14:23

In theory the last sc are possible...but probably not in run :)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.