strafes f**ked up

Started by BooLiSH
04/01/2009 23:06
Page 1 of 1
BooLiSH04/01/2009 23:06(edited 04/01/2009 23:07)

Hi all, I first didn't want to make a thread, but i decided to do so, 'cause i wanna know whether some of you had a similar problem
I do not play much and do not play often nowadays, but even if I make ~1 week breaks my skills are pretty much the same when i play again.

A few days ago i started kz_ljs2 and... wtf... 80% of my starfes have 0 sync
the strafes in 9/10 ljs give me 0 speed
I mean.. I jump as i always jumped - how can my first strafe give me 0 speed aka 0 sync from one moment to the other^^?
When I bhop I suddenly lose all my speed which appears, I guess, when you make an ugly strafe.
It's like I have to learn strafing from 0.

me thinks this are very strange.. 2009 doesn't like me

NOEL04/01/2009 23:13

I think cheche gave a perfect reply to such a problem in another thread, anyway dont strafe like a madman, do a simple prestrafe, not the one ur used to, and when you bhop dont try to do like 4 strafes on each, but keep it easy and simple, and then simply take it from there..

aftermatch-_-05/01/2009 13:15

i had exactly the same prob , i just switched pre and it was ok , however if it doesnt help try concentrating on ur fingers and first strafe. its rly nasty prob btw ;d

st0ka05/01/2009 13:34

That airstrafing map raver created might help you. I took a pretty big pause from kz jumping and had the same problem. His map helped a lot. Start strafing slowly and gradually increase the speed. After some practice I was able again to jump with 80% sync on lj blocks and finish hard maps like dimblock,sand2 etc.

BooLiSH05/01/2009 13:37

okay, at least I'm not the only one
thx <3

mucholote05/01/2009 15:42

what map?

BooLiSH05/01/2009 17:00

any map.. in my case it happend on kz_longjumps2, cause that's where i useto lj

PepoMerca05/01/2009 17:18

where can i dll raver's map?

Gerchuuuu06/01/2009 13:07

Originally posted by Gamster
where can i dll raver's map?


forums -> climbing maps -> airstrafe_longjumps.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.